Parrot Bebop New Firmware: MASSIVE Video Improvement

Reaction score
Just saw this update today: Major update: firmware 3.3.0 Enhanced Video Processing - Parrot news

Here is a comparison before&after the firmware upgrade:
Look at the details in the grass&trees at the 1min mark. Huge difference!

I have a bebop in a corner somewhere and the main reason I got the P4 was that I was never happy with the Bebops blurry video quality. I must say, if they had brought this update earlier, I would have kept it a while longer.

They increased the bitrate from 20Mb/s to 30Mb/s, ok its still only half of the P4 but for HD resolution its not too bad. Considering the price and much better portability of the Bebop I would say it can now compete with the Phantom 3 models for average consumers.

Kudos to Parrot for providing such massive upgrades, even long after release. I'm afraid DJI would have kept this locked up until they bring a new drone.

Reactions: Chasbro
Phantom Pilots is the name of the forum. Granted this is in General Discussion but wouldn't a BeBop oriented forum be more appropriate and helpful?

I have both. Thanks for sharing because the Bebop pretty much sits in the corner because of the crappy video and difficulty to control. I'll have to update mine and see if it's any better.

No P3P but it's still a fun toy.

Update: Well, after the firmware update (no real improvement seen in video), it decided to immediately ignore all commands, fly away and hit a truck. I've actually never had an issue with DJI updates, though, after over a year.

Last edited:
I have both. Thanks for sharing because the Bebop pretty much sits in the corner because of the crappy video and difficulty to control. I'll have to update mine and see if it's any better.

No P3P but it's still a fun toy.

Update: Well, after the firmware update (no real improvement seen in video), it decided to immediately ignore all commands, fly away and hit a truck. I've actually never had an issue with DJI updates, though, after over a year.

that sucks... happened to me also a few times that I lost control and it flew in random directions, but I was always lucky to get control back. I dont know if the update changed the amount of video data transmitted, but if so it might make the crappy wifi connection even more unstable.

Really, that is horrible.

I "had" one, It was fun to fly.... But the camera sucked big time. They wouldn't even respond to the camera problems. That's why I sold it and went with DJI. They loved to send you a new one with the same problem! Its about time they fixed it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik