Parrot bebop drone vs our phantom 2 vision plus

Reaction score
What do you think about the Parrot bebop drone? It will compete with our phantom? At least the after sale service will be better...

Nsacadura said:
What do you think about the Parrot bebop drone? It will compete with our phantom? At least the after sale service will be better...

I think it looks cheaply made compared to the phantom. Also, I wouldn't want to tell anyone its called a bebop. Is that a tellatubby thing or whatever they are called? In my opinion the Phantom is in a class of its own but my opinion has some bias considering i fly only a phantom.

They are not really in the same class competition wise are they?

I have seen videos of them flying and looked like cheap drone although I know they are supposed to have all the electronics we do.

Nsacadura said:
At least the after sale service will be better...

Eeek... have you ever dealt with Parrot service... they use retailers such as Brookstone... When you buy from Brookstone they include a waiver with all Parrot products that releases them from any after sale , or more specifically , after tape is cut on box, returns or repairs... such as ... you buy it ... take it home and try to charge the battery... you immediately notice the charger doesn't work and it won't charge the battery ... you take it back to the store... it is not their problem... they won't swap it for a functioning unit... they refer you to Parrot service where you open a ticket and start the six week wait for them to tell you the charger has no problem and you must have plugged it in wrong...

Parrot is notorious for crappy customer care after the sale... their forum is full of it

Ok, but with gps, HD vídeo, 14 megapixels, 3 axes stabilization, and user control 180 vision, but i think that the best issue will be the after sale service and the availability of the spare parts... Fortunately never had problems with my phantom, but i'm always afraid to crash it and break my gimbal and camera...

Nsacadura said:
3 axes stabilization, .

Isnt that the unit with no stabilization? It just has a wide camera view and they electronically remove the shake

Nsacadura said:
Is that true? The site refers 3 axes stabilization.

Take a look at it. The camera is mounted into the chassis. The lens is super wide angle. So even when you tip the drone it has to digitally stabilize the image to tilt it straight. So the camera is in fact tipping/shaking all over the place. But they straighten it up or attempt anyway with software.

I have no experience with it so cant say if this is good or bad.

From their site.

Equiped with a 14 megapixel "fisheye" camera, the Parrot Bebop Drone records videos and pictures in a 180° field with remarkable image quality. Endowed with a full-digital image stabilization technology allows the Bebop Drone to take remarkably stable and clear aerial footage regardless of the drone movements. Splash and dust proof lens.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie