Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Park says No flight during operation hours.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ohno16, May 28, 2016.

1. Ohno16

So there is a local park/beach in an abandoned rock quarry here in my area. It's a neat little place with water slides and a beach area. It's privately owned but opened to the public daily from 10-6. I contacted them to ask if I could take some aerial photos for them to use on their website and Facebook but they responded, Their insurance wouldn't allow drone usage during open hours. Sounds like nonsense to me. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Well if it's privately owned and they are insured I could see where their insurance co might have that in the policy like no glass bottles or whatever .
    If they don't want any though why bother them .
    I can see some will say do it anyway but I'm not flying where I'm not wanted .
    JMO

Fplvert likes this.
  3. Prairie Pyro

Not a normal park activity and don't want liability of a UAV falling on a visitor. You did get permission though for other times which is still nice. They may relax after awhile if no issues and they receive some usefull footage

4. Ohno16

I doubt they actually looked in their policy for drone usage, I'm just assuming they don't want it around. Their loss anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. Reed L

I agree with the Park. There's no need to take a chance of a UAV coming down around or on people. After hours would be safe or as long as you stayed outside of the populated area & away from the people during regular hours that would be fine. Plus it is a privacy issue for the people having fun and with all of the kids around at the water park. A UAV flying around is going to cause a lot of concern with the parents and more then one will be screaming at the manager or calling the police to report.... the perv... even though your intentions are honest and above board. There's just too many reasons not to ever fly there for me. Chances are if it came down, it would hurt a child, so for me°°° No Way...

dirkclod likes this.