Parade of 1000 Flags

Reaction score
This is a video I was asked to do for our local Exchange Club who sponsors this yearly event. It was the 7th annual parade of 1000 flags in remembrance of 9/11. Our local Police Department gave me permission to shoot this. Gotta love small towns. :)

[vimeo]105520162[/vimeo]

Very Nice! You had what looks like a perfect day to do it. The music is perfect. What were you flying. Can you give us some info on camera and settings?

jimandsue60 said:
Very Nice! You had what looks like a perfect day to do it. The music is perfect. What were you flying. Can you give us some info on camera and settings?

Phantom 2 / GoPro Hero 3+ at 1080p 30fsp, Protune on / Zenmuse H3-3D / Futaba T8FGS transmitter / Black Pearl monitor

Edited in GoPro Studio and Final Cut Pro X

DesertFlyer53 said:
jimandsue60 said:

Phantom 2 / GoPro Hero 3+ at 1080p 30fsp, Protune on / Zenmuse H3-3D / Futaba T8FGS transmitter / Black Pearl monitor

Edited in GoPro Studio and Final Cut Pro X

Sweet! Thanks for the info.

OI Photography said:
Good stuff man, thanks for sharing.

(I hope Ford and Carl's Jr paid for all that add space in your vid!)

Thanks OI.

Good point! I will hit them up for some cash tomorrow! :lol:

Say, did you ever get that GoPro Gimbal plug?

DesertFlyer53 said:
OI Photography said:

Thanks OI.

Yes and it hasn't worked fully yet for me (power but no vid)...but I'm 99.4% sure that's due to my gimbal and not the part itself. I'm still troubleshooting it, but the USB port on my gopro is busted right now too so that makes it kind of hard to isolate the problem :x

OI Photography said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
OI Photography said:

Thanks OI.

Yes and it hasn't worked fully yet for me (power but no vid)...but I'm 99.4% sure that's due to my gimbal and not the part itself. I'm still troubleshooting it, but the USB port on my gopro is busted right now too so that makes it kind of hard to isolate the problem :x

Bummer. Hope you figure it out! I hope to get mine in the next week or two.

Great use of the Phantom.......I liked the last shot flying through the flags at ground level the best....nice flying!

RedRyderMedia said:
Great use of the Phantom.......I liked the last shot flying through the flags at ground level the best....nice flying!

Yeah, that's actually my favorite shot too. And it was the easiest to shoot... I was walking right behind the P2 while moving it forward at a walking pace. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic