Parachute Recovery System

Just installed the hubsan parachute to my p3a ,didn't need longer legs after all.

I installed the mars mini mount and used nuts and bolts to secure (had to take parachute apart)

I gave it a quick test flight in the garden and it has not affected the control of the aircraft .Its too windy here to
try a proper flight.

A bit of black tape to cover the bolts and it doesn't look too bad .Its never going to look totally professional without a purpose made mounting system but I'm quite pleased with the result and peace of mind it gives.

Update !

Wind lowered and took it for a 15 mins test flight ,armed parachute and tried all ways to get the phantom 80 degrees (when parachute deploys) but thankfully the parachute didn't self deploy. Feeling more confident now

Hi there, guys!
Finally, I have made some tests today of new system called StopFall sensor with 37" parachute module for DJI Phantom 1/2/3/4
It works perfect!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Advantages are mounting in any position (unlike others with only vertical or horizontal position), no need to calibrate (just switch on and sensor will do everything by itself), optional manual release (you can assign a stick on your remote controller for double safety, no need to wait for a fall if you see there's a problem you can deploy parachute immediately by yourself).
Any questions are welcome.

Parachute self deployed and I crashed!

This was the first time I really got to test it and thankfully it did it as I was hovering low so just some scratches but I watched it deploy as I was hovering and it had no chance of getting to the 80 degrees for deployment.

I tried to land as slowly as possible but the chute blew up from the downdraft and went higher then the strings wrapping around the motors and it just dropped .

I had been flying for about 12 minutes before this at height so I have been really lucky .

Ive just uploaded the last bit to Youtube, you can see the camera shake as it springs out at 8 seconds.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Strange thing is Ive been trying to get it to self deploy again but no luck yet.

Does anyone know if the chute uses a mechanical tilt switch to trigger ?
Hubsan Parachute Recovery System | Maplin

I noticed after from video footage and healthydrones log that there were cell phone towers in the horizon and I also had a lot of gps errors in healthy drones. Could this trigger an electronic gyro ?

Last edited:
I was just looking on the hubsan x4 quadcopter and as an accessory they have made a stand alone parachute system which is reusable and come with it own power supply and everything which seem to just be bolted on to the legs of the quadcopter. I was just here thinking maybe it would be possible to purchase it and use on a phantom been its a stand alone system or would the addition weight affect the flying of the phantom?!
Here's the link to their website http://www.hubsanx4pro.com/accessories.html have a look guys and tell me what y'all think

It works fine.
The p3 handles it well

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    774.1 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 430
Reactions: rcfanatics
Looks to me as though it's designed to clamp onto the legs of the quad from one side... depending on width, it may work on the P3 as well or it could be rigged in some way...

After I buy one, I'll let you know how it works out! :D
Hi where can I buy one. In U.K. Can't find anywhere

Reactions: Neon Euc
if you want a reliable parachute system I would recommend buying an auto deployment system like the mayday board which is amazing. https://www.marsparachutes.com/product/mayday/ it does not false deploy like the other systems.

and if you are looking for a complete system for your Phantom 3 their are a couple of options. https://www.marsparachutes.com/phantom-3/

I am Bias of our Products because we make proven products that work.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers