Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Parabolic Antenna Range Booster

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Clearimageweb, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Clearimageweb

Just need some info in these. Got this after reading reviews. I used without anything and got 1600 feet before having a signal issue. Then i made the paper windsurfers. Got 2642 feet before signal issues. So i ordered these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017IP2P98?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I got the same distance as the paper ones? What counts for interfearence? Electrical Lines? House wifi signals? etc. Im thinking maybe i just have too many power lines by me or what idk. But for something that says i can fly 3.1 miles away only 2600 feet from me is far from 3.1 miles. Not saying i will be flying this far but still what am i missing.

Thanks and no i do not want to spend 500-1000 for an extended range. Thanks all

2. Mark The Droner

Q: What counts for interference?

A: Everything.

Try it in the open desert or over open water - you might get 3100' then.

3. Clearimageweb

LMAO...Figured as much....lol about the Answer:...lol

4. Be There Productions

I'm also curious about these parabolic boosters. I was in Mexico on a bluff away from major power lines. I flew my P3P away from me as fast as I could over open water. It lost signal at 15,000 feet! No joke! I wish I had screenshot it. My friends were standing with me and saw that too. I quickly turned around because battery was at about 60% and booked it home. No parabolic booster and straight out of the box. Crazy.

5. Essex Thunder

With these range extenders, do they extend the range of the video feed as well? I loose video before I loose control of P3P

6. Mark The Droner

Read the 4th bullet in the OP's link.