Panic mode/battery

Reaction score
So the other night I had my P2 up catching the sunset. One battery is brand new and was fully charged, 2 others that came with my P2 second hand were showing 3 bars but wouldn't charge anymore. First battery was fine and flew for a little over 15 mins. Second battery seemed fine but flew for a bit less time. So I slapped the 3rd battery in, it was reading 66%, sent the bird up anyway and walked inside to get another battery (because walking away from your bird is a great idea). When I came back all seemed ok and I didn't pay it much mind. When I finally looked (this is after about 4 mins in the air) it was at 18% and I always start decending at 20%. I believe I was around 108m high and as I'm decending the battery life is dropping faster than a flaming P2 hit by a sidewinder missle. Obviously my blood pressure skyrockets and I try to get it over a grassy area fearing for the worst. Luckily I managed to catch it out of the air at 2% battery.

So I got really lucky but would this be an indication the battery is soon to be no more good or could it be that I had them fully charged and let them sit for about a week because I couldn't fly due to rainy weather?

I know the battery automatically discharges after a certain period of time. Maybe that had something to do with it. One of my battery's only charges to 95% then I have to disconnect the battery, turn it on and put it back on the charge to charge up the last 5%. This probably wasn't much help. But maybe it has an effect

You don't mention when the battery was most recently charged. These batteries can automatically discharge as mentioned above. To get the best performance you charge the batteries immediately prior to use. But certainly not the day before or longer

You don't mention when the battery was most recently charged. These batteries can automatically discharge as mentioned above. To get the best performance you charge the batteries immediately prior to use. But certainly not the day before or longer
It was roughly a week or slightly less, give or take a day or two. I've never had an issue until now and I just checked all batteries, they all read 4 bars. Just strange it was only the one and how quickly the battery life depleted. Thanks for the input.

I don't think you should depend on the LEDs alone especially after a prolonged time since last charge. As I said best/optimum performance will be had if you charge the batteries on the day of use

I don't think you should depend on the LEDs alone especially after a prolonged time since last charge. As I said best/optimum performance will be had if you charge the batteries on the day of use
Not relying entirely on the LED bars but just noting their status. I'm flying right now and despite being at full power that battery just did the same thing. I guess it's on its way out.

If I recall correctly holding the button for longer 10 secs or so will put it in a mode that tells you how each cell is balanced. But yes it sound like the battery is on its way out

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl