PAL Vison video modes?

DJW

Reaction score
I have seen all the specs on 30 / 60 fps and videos but does the vision also have PAL 25 / 50 fps?

everything I have generally filmed in the last 7 has been 1080i PAL 25 frames which is the standard frame rate in the UK

rilot said:
Can I ask why this would be needed?

because Europe and some other countries use PAL and thats 25/50 fps. And its this very issue that has prevented me from purchasing the Vision !! I use PAL cameras and need to keep all the frame rates in PAL land thus not to over complicate post. Even using Editors like FCP X which claim to mix frame rates.. it still doesn't look smooth enough when the project is other than 30fps!! Sorry, but this is not good enough even for an amateur post producer.. frames skipping all over the place in a 50fps timeline (standard and typical PAL project settings).

I have emailed DJI and still awaiting a reply if there's going to be a f/w or even hardware update. - Maybe this is where the rumoured Phantom Pro comes in?!

UPDATE: According to Quadcopters in the UK, their pre-production model only supports NTSC 30fps etc. Looking at the camera specification on the DJI website, PAL (25/50fps) and other frame rates are NOT supported, no matter where the Vision is distributed.
- This may be addressable with a firmware upgrade if not, then maybe with a new phantom release?

I have not ordered a Vision in the end because of the frame rate issues. I had gone as far to clear the creditcard a couple of weeks back with the expectation of ordering one.

I would hope its something that can be corrected with a firmware update. It is a massive part of the world that can't use the Vision to its full effect - UK & Ireland, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong in China etc.

Hope you get an answer from DJI soon on the PAL issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31