Painting / Spay Painting

Reaction score
Hey all, I am wondering if you can help me, I am wanting to paint or spray paint my Phantom 3 and have been told that I need to know what material its made of before I paint it as the type of paint could damage it, I don't know if this is true so I am wanting to get clarification. If so can guys also recommend any decent paints to be able to use on drones?

Thank you.

Reactions: Xorge and DarkXess
Hey all, I am wondering if you can help me, I am wanting to paint or spray paint my Phantom 3 and have been told that I need to know what material its made of before I paint it as the type of paint could damage it, I don't know if this is true so I am wanting to get clarification. If so can guys also recommend any decent paints to be able to use on drones?

Thank you.
I would highly recommend you don't paint it. Get a decal instead. Not permanent, and has no risks.

All three of the bodies are the same I think.

Reactions: DarkXess
Thanks for that :)

I have tried but finding a skin (custom decal) for a Phantom 3 Standard is hard! they are all for the advanced and pro which I've found.
I bought one on ebay for just phantom 3. It went on good. It just doesn't go onto the controller. There all the same body like the other guy said. You can paint the controller and put skin on phantom.

Reactions: DarkXess
Sup new to this hobby and I want to paint/dip no decals as they are ALL boring! Need to know if it affects the phantom 3 (standard) in any way? Read a bunch of stuff and maybe overloaded my brain fell as I don't have a plain and simple yes or no answer or can't find the right info I'm looking for..... Any help??

The only consideration would be to avoid metallic paints/decals as this can have an attenuation effects on the GPS reception (when applied to center of top half).

The only consideration would be to avoid metallic paints/decals as this can have an attenuation effects on the GPS reception (when applied to center of top half).
Nice perfect answer looking to do matte colors (military theme) so hoping I get same performance.. As far as hydro-dipping should steer clear same properties??

Yep.

Avoid metals, foils, etc.
Consider the added weight
Process compatible with plastic

Otherwise it's like any other model you may have painted before.

EDIT: Same for landing legs as they contain the control & video antennas and compass.

Yep.

Avoid metals, foils, etc.
Consider the added weight
Process compatible with plastic

Otherwise it's like any other model you may have painted before.

EDIT: Same for landing legs as they contain the control & video antennas and compass.
I am thinking weight that's why I'm considering the hydro dip(expensive) method! Any links on weight issues after paint? Losing a min or two on flight not a problem as I have second battery.

Don't be overly concerned with weigh from customizing, just be aware.

I've used paint cause it's easy, cheap, and I know what to expect from me as far as results go.

Don't be overly concerned with weigh from customizing, just be aware.

I've used paint cause it's easy, cheap, and I know what to expect from me as far as results go.
Every hobby (plastic) I do the usual sand,light coat,med coat,finish light/uneven areas.. Good routine for aero hobby?

Every hobby (plastic) I do the usual sand,light coat,med coat,finish light/uneven areas.. Good routine for aero hobby?

Yea, just plastic(s) so go with what you know!

Be sure to show-off when done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 382

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl