painting phantom 2

Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking to paint my P2 however I am a little concerned about the battery covering (with the LED lights). Has any one remove it, can it be removed?

I could cover the button and LEDs but just wondering if anyone has done something similar

I've painted a couple but never color co-ordinated my batteries.

tpawyant said:
No one has painted a P2?

I saw a picture on here where someone had painted the top shell matt black.

Looked neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madwak said:
tpawyant said:
Hi all

I am looking to paint my P2 however I am a little concerned about the battery covering (with the LED lights). Has any one remove it, can it be removed?

I could cover the button and LEDs but just wondering if anyone has done something similar

This will show you how to get the cover off so you can paint it. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 80&page=19 ;)

This is great..thanks for the link. After reviewing this link, I believe I will either just tape off the LED/Buttons and paint it, or create a color scheme where I leave this area white.

1s7KEFol.jpg

I used PlastiDip spray. It coats the plastic with a rubber-ish paint that is durable but can later be peeled off like latex.
With PlastiDip you dont have to cover any parts, because after it drys, you can take an xacto knife around LEDs and just peel that part off.
Although I did take my shell off to paint it black just so I wouldn't have to do anything when it dried.

I'm thinking about doing the controller next because that white is nice but very impractical with dirty hands and stuff.

First attempt! :D

Attachments

• yum.jpg
    yum.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 786
tpawyant said:
EMCSQUAR said:
I've painted a couple but never color co-ordinated my batteries.

Did you leave the battery cover white?

Yep -

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 812
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 790
Fyod said:
1s7KEFol.jpg

I used PlastiDip spray. It coats the plastic with a rubber-ish paint that is durable but can later be peeled off like latex.
With PlastiDip you dont have to cover any parts, because after it drys, you can take an xacto knife around LEDs and just peel that part off.
Although I did take my shell off to paint it black just so I wouldn't have to do anything when it dried.

I'm thinking about doing the controller next because that white is nice but very impractical with dirty hands and stuff.

Hi there,
Can put a tutorial how to add retractable land gear, please? Your Phantom look cool :)

Fyod said:
1s7KEFol.jpg

I have used plastidip before, but not as a masking job. Interesting idea.

I love the upgrade legs, where did you get them? DJI should have increased the p2 legs to accomdate the h3-3d gimbal. There is little room for clearance. :(

I wrapped mines in vinyl. I used plastidip on my cover but it peeled so I used vinyl instead then trim out the lights.

5eMDiva.jpg

Just got new shell and painted the top signal orange, skipped the rest because of the battery. It now looks like a road workers car so a repaint is on schedule in few days, this time matte black. :roll:

P1080986555555.jpg

tosi said:
Just got new shell and painted the top signal orange, skipped the rest because of the battery. It now looks like a road workers car so a repaint is on schedule in few days, this time matte black. :roll:

P1080986555555.jpg

I think it looks cool like that!!!

tpawyant said:
tosi said:

I think it looks cool like that!!!

Well, I like this better :)

P1090233.JPG

Wanted to do a shout out for my Father who was a WW Two US Coast Guard Vet and served for 22 years. Wish he was still here to see this "Coast Guard Phantom". "Thanks for your service Dad, Say hello to Mom".

Attachments

• 20140704_112033 a1a2.jpg
    20140704_112033 a1a2.jpg
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 501
  • 20140704_112238 a1a2.jpg
    20140704_112238 a1a2.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 495
bpatty said:
Wanted to do a shout out for my Father who was a WW Two US Coast Guard Vet and served for 22 years. Wish he was still here to see this "Coast Guard Phantom". "Thanks for your service Dad, Say hello to Mom".

Beautiful job on the Phantom!

Thanks.. I appreciate it. Course, I only posted the ones that didn't have a lot of the flaws!! Ha Ha Here's another view, the flaws are starting to show!!

Attachments

• 20140704_111930 a2.jpg
    20140704_111930 a2.jpg
    990 KB · Views: 496

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31