Painting parts

Now the next challenge: to try paint the battery. :cool:
I wil only paint 1 in black for the match. :)

I was also thinking about that, but I am afraid that the RC paint maybe easily damaged ;)

Yeah i forgot to do the RC.
I haven't figured out what to do with it but that white big case becomes to dirty to fast, not my cup of tea.

I painted the battery top.
Just under the top lid ( were the LEDs are ) i placed masking tape on the narrower body, also to protect the connectors.
The wider than the battery top is thus clear to be painted.

Try this trick.

Go to the bathroom and take several swabs that u use to clean your ears.
If your paint is water based make the cotton on the swab wet.
It must be wet but not dripping ! remove any exes water by holding the cotton against a absorbent like tissue.
Now paint the battery top lid.
Use the wet swab to remove the paint from the LEDs.
It works very fast and is much better then masking all LEDs.

If your paint is solvent based try white spirit (( lamp )petrol) instead of water.
Make a test first to see if it actually removes the paint on the test surface.
Never use any solvent that dissolves plastics like acetone or cellulose/synthetic thinner.
I use alkyd paint, thats solvent based and i painted the battery's this way.

You can remove the battery 'cap' and just paint it with no need for any masking or wiping.

N017RW said:
You can remove the battery 'cap' and just paint it with no need for any masking or wiping.

Thats even better then what i did.
How to remove it ?

Look underneath/behind cap for clips at perimeter of rectangular battery surround.

Or google it.

N017RW said:

Hmmmm ;)
There is also some gleu. :|

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 426
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 454
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 426
Like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 393
Still need to clean the LED lenses. And glue the thing back together.
I will stick with my mod, by the time someone has destroyed there battery i have painted 2 of mine with no afterwards issues.

ToThePoint said:
Still need to clean the LED lenses. And glue the thing back together.
I will stick with my mod, by the time someone has destroyed there battery i have painted 2 of mine with no afterwards issues.

I would not characterize mine as destroyed. I actualy removed the lenses too BTW.

Taste and skills vary. TEHO.

N017RW said:

Sure especially when we have to google for it ourselves so you can keep your secrets to the self.
Nice skill.
I rather have no advice then someone stating stuff with no clear info so they can kick afterwards.
So pls keep your skills, we will find our own way.

ToThePoint said:
N017RW said:

Sure especially when we have to google for it ourselves so you can keep your secrets to the self.
Nice skill.
I rather have no advice then someone stating stuff with no clear info so they can kick afterwards.

As I go through life I've always come across someone who can do just about anything better than me.

I'd look, listen, and learn.

I never imagined they were keeping secrets or being unclear. Hmmm.

Besides,IIR, you preferred your way better:
"I will stick with my mod, by the time someone has destroyed there battery i have painted 2 of mine with no afterwards issues."

Onezerosix141 said:
IrishSights said:
Car paint straight onto the shell worked for me. No peeling or cracking. Done a month or 2 back.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Where did you get car paint? How did you apply it?

You can find it on amazon. I bought the brad "NIGRIN" and it gave me the best results (I bought others but the paint came off).

Here is how to apply it

Disassemble - http://youtu.be/6Fyo2GAeU2w
Paint - http://youtu.be/2thBdN6kmgI
Reassemble - http://youtu.be/5hnerDEXIUk

ToThePoint said:
N017RW said:

Nice skill.

I'm sure he (N017RW) was only advising you to Google it because there are videos, like on YT showing you how to get it apart. It is easier to watch a video! How to get them apart is not a secret dude.... Besides, it takes all of 15sec to figure out how to get them apart...
Chill out dude...

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl