Page 33 of manual

Reaction score
Just wondering reading page 33 of manual. It says to flip up and down the S2 switch for new home point. Did they mean the S1?
The manual says the S2 switch is reserved. Does this mean if you are flying and you move your location, by flipping the switch down and back up it will make a new home landing point while it is in the air?
This would be a great option for me as I fly large timber tracts and could move my location while still in the air and get a updated RTH.

S2 toggle is correct,
But you have to enable NAZA-m to use this function!
Phantom enabled mode, S2 does NOTHING! ( out of box mode )
NAZA-m mode you set these parameters ( S2 toggle )

Hope this helps!

( I would not reset homepoint while flying, as it may record
ALTITUDE as well, causing phantom to shut down 50' up )
I have never tried, maybe some can shed more light on this?
I've always been to scared to try, in case phantom falls from sky!
That would SUCK!

J Dot said:
S2 toggle is correct,

Hope this helps!

That would SUCK!

Thanks! That was kind of my thoughts. Now I understand the S2. Think I will will stay with the original settings.
Thanks again
Furb

J Dot said:
S2 toggle is correct,

Hope this helps!

That would SUCK!
sar104 said:
On auto-land it will not shut down until it detects that it is unable to descend further, so that should not be a problem from the point of view of resetting the home point.

This may be a good way to give yourself a altitude buffer....If you raise the craft to 100 feet, reset Homepoint with S1 (Naza mode) Your craft should rise up to that altitude before its return Home.

J Dot said:
S2 toggle is correct,

That is incorrect. S2 will reset the home point in Vision Mode as well as NAZA mode. (The phantom has 2 modes: Vision Mode, which is how it comes from the factory, and NAZA-M Mode, which allows for more options and must be set using the Assistant Software)

A quote from page 26 of the manual:

S2 is used to record a Home point manually. After a Home point has been recorded automatically, flipping S2 from position 1 to position 3 and back 5 times (or more) rapidly will move the Home point to the Phantom’s current location.
In Naza-M working mode, S2 is be used for IOC.

The section on page 26 begins on page 25, titled "Remote Control Operation". Flipping S2 up/down 5 times will definitely reset the home position, regardless of which mode you are in. Altitude has nothing to do with the Home Position. You can set a new home position at 500' above ground, and when she comes home in RTH, she will just slowly descend until she finds the ground.
Hope this helps.

The manual is hard to read, but you must. Again and Again....

doug86 said:
J Dot said:
S2 toggle is correct,

That is incorrect. S2 will reset the home point in Vision Mode as well as NAZA mode. (The phantom has 2 modes: Vision Mode, which is how it comes from the factory, and NAZA-M Mode, which allows for more options and must be set using the Assistant Software)

A quote from page 26 of the manual:

S2 is used to record a Home point manually. After a Home point has been recorded automatically, flipping S2 from position 1 to position 3 and back 5 times (or more) rapidly will move the Home point to the Phantom’s current location.
In Naza-M working mode, S2 is be used for IOC.

The section on page 26 begins on page 25, titled "Remote Control Operation". Flipping S2 up/down 5 times in Vision mode will definitely reset the home position, in either mode. Altitude has nothing to do with the Home Position. You can set a new home position at 500' above ground, and when she comes home in RTH, she will just slowly descend until she finds the ground.
Hope this helps.

The manual is hard to read, but you must. Again and Again....

Are you sure altitude has nothing to do with setting the Home Point. I understand it does....If you reset HP in the air...should it not record its altitude 'also',.. as a reference to its Ascending of 20 meters, before it returns to Home?

Are you sure altitude has nothing to do with setting the Home Point. I understand it does....If you reset HP in the air...should it not record its altitude 'also',.. as a reference to its Ascending of 20 meters, before it returns to Home?

Yup... see this vid for proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cd9DQO9w0Q

It will climb to 60' above what ever the home point altitude was for the return flight, but upon descent, it will just keep descending until it finds ground.

EDIT: ok, yes. I see your point. It does use the home point altitude as a reference height before flying home, but it will not affect the landing point. IF you start the RTH feature more than 20 meters above the reference altitude, it won't climb any further, it just comes home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj