P4pro V2 - using/viewing/managing .mov files

Reaction score
This isn't a thread to discuss mp4 vs mov.... / / I prefer mov files, and for those folks that also use mov files on windows pc's - - wonder what software you may be using to view/manage the files?

I've been using Sony Playmemories home - but now (that I have moved from my old P4 to my new P4pro V2) I get two files, one being the 720p - this displays/plays OK - but NOW - with the P4proV2 the 4k mov file won't play.
So today I tried a trial with ACDSee and that won't play the 4k files either. I get messages like 'file corrupted' or even with quicktime - 'a bad public movie atom was found' - - anyone else have similar issues?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ripper7620
This isn't a thread to discuss mp4 vs mov.... / / I prefer mov files
There's nothing to prefer.
MP4 or MOV makes no difference to the image quality.
It will be the same with either.
If you have software that works with both, use either.
If you have software that only accepts one video format, use that one.

...? - - thanks - but thats the question what software is working for people with a P4pro V2 4k using the mov format - as the ones I was using - which would work for my P4 4k mov files, will NOT work for my P4proV2 4k mov files

This isn't a thread to discuss mp4 vs mov.... / / I prefer mov files, and fort hose folks that also use mov files on windows pc's - - wonder what software you may be using to view/manage the files?

I've been using Sony Playmemories home - but now (that I have moved from my old P4 to my new P4pro V2) I get two files, one being the 720p - this displays/plays OK - but NOW - with the P4proV2 the 4k mov file won't play.
So today I tried a trial with ACDSee and that won't play the 4k files either. I get messages like 'file corrupted' or even with quicktime - 'a bad public movie atom was found' - - anyone else have similar issues?

Davinci Resolve Black Magic beta2 will process MOV, and VLC media player will play them.

Reactions: BellevueV
...? - - thanks - but thats the question what software is working for people with a P4pro V2 4k using the mov format - as the ones I was using - which would work for my P4 4k mov files, will NOT work for my P4proV2 4k mov files
Check whether you are recording in H264 or H265.
Not all software will work with H265.

Nope - - I'm recording in 264. So tried both again - 264 and 265 - neither preview works in some programs where the same 4k mov but from my old P4 would work - but now doesn't with the P4proV2. Not sure what DJI changed - but something is different

(I edit in premeire - and both codecs open/work fine there)

Try this, it's a newer player, but it works great for me on win 7 and win 10. Lots of features, too:
Global Potplayer

....thanks for all the feedback.

So basically - FROM DJI;

1. P4P MOV can't be played perfectly in the windows, because we (DJI) have added the embeded subtitle and meta track in the MOV, but the Quicktime in the windows is too old to support this, So it will show the Error 2002. But in the IOS, the Quicktime 10.4.855 can support it rightly. But this rule is just useful of the H264 encode.
2. Unfortunately, the Quicktime can't support HEVC(H265) encoder until now, whether in the windows or in the IOS. About the reason, maybe you need check it with Apple.
3. Now, we suggest the customer to use the Elmedia player or VLC in the IOS, at the same time, you can use the VLC/KMplayer/Potplayer etc in the Windows.

Reactions: makneyse
For format incompatiblity issues, actullay it's not a hard issue. What you need is a just a video converter app to transcode your DJI MOV to a more playable format.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor