P4Pro+ : freezing video transmission

Reaction score
Although the general concept of P4P remote control with integrated monitor is very appealing to many of us (including yours truly), reports of breaking/freezing video feed are too common to be ignored. Apparently the issue is related to either 4K video being recorded during flight, Android OS problems, RC system overheating or whatever. It seems that this particular Android device is not well suited to perform video monitoring task, since P4P with external monitors doesn't experience problems of such nature.

The questions are very simple:

1. Is this issue common to all P4P+ models or just a few bad apples were exposed?
2. If it's typical, is it fixed at this moment (3/12/2017) of P4P+ firmware evolution?
3. Is it fixable at all or a new, improved hardware will be needed?

I'm considering purchase, expanding my P3P and I1P fleet, but investing in sick cow doesn't really make much sense. Any input in this matter will be appreciated.

I have had the Plus for 2 months now, no issues whatsoever, and I love it. You don't realize how much jerking around you do getting connected, until you no longer have to. It connects to the bird instantly, regardless of startup order. Shut it down and reconnect in seconds (if you need to change a sd card or battery). Plus the brightness is a game-changer. One tip, leave it on auto brightness, it will actually be brighter than full manual brightness, if you need it to be.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20