P4Pro - Disconnected No Way To Connect

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem where the P4Pro just shows disconnected and nothing you do can get it to connect? I have had this happen to me twice so far. Restarting the tablet, P4Pro, and remote controller does not fix the issue. I now always carry the P3 as a backup in case I get onsite for a video or photo shoot and the P4Pro will not work.

Everything works great when it connects, all systems show normal, and it shows I have the latest firmware. The disconnection problem has only occurred twice in about 3 months. I did just upgrade to the latest DJI GO 4 App today to see if the problem will go away.

UPDATE: The P4P just did it again today. I tried everything including relinking the transmitter to the P4P. After that did not work I restarted it one more time and it suddenly worked. Below is everything I have tried and I just submitted a ticket to DJI:

1) Upgraded the P4P to the latest firmware
2) Upgraded the RC to the latest firmware
3) Upgraded the DJI GO App to the latest version
4) Restarted the P4P
5) Took out the battery from the P4P and reinserted it
6) Restarted the transmitter
7) Restarted the DJI GO App
8) Disconnected and reconnected the tablet to the controller via the USB cable
9) Re-Linked the transmitter to the P4P
10) Verified WiFi and Bluetooth were disabled on the NVIDIA SHIELD tablet
11) Verified my cell phone is in airplane mode
12) Moved locations

Last edited:
Reactions: AyeYo
Hi just got the same problem today with P4Pro and iPhone 6s.
2nd week end I am using it. 1st weekend everything went smooth but today some disconnections occurs. Hopefully the drone can still flight but the video disappear. The only thing I could do was remove the cable from iPhone and replug to get the video back.
Have you solved your issue?

My first P4P would disconnect from the RC after 7 to 8 minutes of flying. Only way to fix was to turn power off to Phantom and start back up again. I sent it back to Amazon. If you have only had this for a while I would suspect there is a component that is off or out of spec. I know of a few people now who have had a few bad units in a row with similar issues. The RC should not disconnect period when it's in proper range from what I am told. I have verified this by placing it in all sorts of metal boxes and other types of things when near by I have no RC disconnect issues. Video disconnect or lag or choppiness seems to be normal on Android devices but on my Iphone 7 it's rock solid. Not a drop. S7 on the other hand for some reason nothing but drop outs and garbled video.

Ok I take your point, but you are the only one mentioning this component issue. I would assume if series of Phantom would be affected by a problem I would read more posts on forum about this issue. Most of the people are complaining about the cable or the app itself even on Apple iPhone. There is a new version of iOS DJI go 4 released last week, will have a try this week end.

Ok I take your point, but you are the only one mentioning this component issue. I would assume if series of Phantom would be affected by a problem I would read more posts on forum about this issue. Most of the people are complaining about the cable or the app itself even on Apple iPhone. There is a new version of iOS DJI go 4 released last week, will have a try this week end.

Well it's not a series of Phantoms but rather just how electronics manufacturing processes can work. Take a look at a strip of SMD LEDs that are supposed to be in a row on a circuit board and notice how some may be slightly crooked or offset? They illuminate sure, but that doesn't mean they are placed correctly and those incorrectly placed or misaligned components can lead to random issues or gremlins. All I'm saying is that your remote should not disconnect from the Phantom regardless of what the phones state is or the state of the cable unless the Phantom is out of range from the RC or something is wrong with the hardware. So is the RC disconnecting from the Phantom (with no way to control) or are you simply just losing connection with the app for control but the RC controls fine? Because yes that would be cable or device/software issue but the RC should stay connected and allow you to fly your Phantom just like you fly any other without assistance. I'm just saying don't get stuck with a defective unit exhausting all troubleshooting options only in the end to find out it is indeed defective. Things come new in the box, broken, all the time.

Take care,
Jesse

Hello Jesse, thanks for the attention you have with my post. And yes I do confirm that I "just" lost video incoming and app control. The RC worked fine with responsive drone on my command which was hopefully on sight view (I did 5 tentative flights that afternoon with all app disconnection but in sight view so no need for RTH procedure). So I flew the drone and landed it.
We are then going to the same conclusions: cable or software issue.
Going in Namibia this week end will be able to play and conclude.
Seb

Reactions: K9VXV
Hello Jesse, thanks for the attention you have with my post. And yes I do confirm that I "just" lost video incoming and app control. The RC worked fine with responsive drone on my command which was hopefully on sight view (I did 5 tentative flights that afternoon with all app disconnection but in sight view so no need for RTH procedure). So I flew the drone and landed it.
We are then going to the same conclusions: cable or software issue.
Going in Namibia this week end will be able to play and conclude.
Seb

Seb,
I apologize, I confused your reply as a reply from the OP. Your issues could be controller, cable or device related for sure. Sorry I missed your post in which you had said that it was the video link that was losing connection. How long does the disconnect even last for? Does it happen on both 2.4 and 5GHZ modes? I have the 7 Plus and have had no issues. Our processors are very similar. Have you tried using the original cable that came with your Iphone for connection? Try disabling the hardware decoding in the settings menu and see if you still have the same result. I would try deleting the application completely and reinstalling as on IOS that is the only way to fully delete the cache. I think you have a great device for control and there are plenty of other flyers using that device with no issue. What if your RC could have an issue itself? You don't have like a juice pack or extended battery case on your Iphone, do you?

Take care and keep me posted please.

Jesse

Does the gimbal work when the app is disconnected? Also, please try reformatting the micro sd card (preferably inside the phantom if possible) and restart the bird and controller. Let us know!

Hello, so finally I have my answer : it is the 3rd party cable. I retried having reinstalled the app and update its version same problem disconnected in 1 min with drone hovering at 5 m from me. I then put an Apple cable USB lightening and it worked as a charm and thus during a dozen of flight so far with long duration (20 min) and long range (2km).
Have a good day!

Ps: no I don't use a juice pack or extended battery.

I just started having the same issues mentioned above, after updating to the latest DJI Go 4 app for iOS on iphone 6S Plus.
What happens is, i would fly away, until say 1km, on 5.8ghz and the problem starts when the signal is so weak that you lose it. Then it never recovers the connection, even after it RTH, as close as 50m above me, even when right next to me when I can still control the craft but not see the picture in the app, it stays disconnected.
Had the same problem at a different location with even less interference.
Even though my HD settings are set to Auto, I was under the impression it will automatically switch between 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz, but it doesn't. Problems went away after switching to 2.4ghz
I lost my P3P last year in North Baffin Fjords in the north pole, also when it wouldn't reconnect after losing signal.
Will try another cable but doubt this is the issue it is the original iphone cable and didnt have issues before updating the app

That's what I love about the P4Pro Plus. The connection is almost instant and as solid as a land line.

That's what I love about the P4Pro Plus. The connection is almost instant and as solid as a land line.

For me also, until recent updated. Not sure it's with the latest updates I have for DJI Go App 4 or with the actual latest firmware

I just started having the same issues mentioned above, after updating to the latest DJI Go 4 app for iOS on iphone 6S Plus.
What happens is, i would fly away, until say 1km, on 5.8ghz and the problem starts when the signal is so weak that you lose it. Then it never recovers the connection, even after it RTH, as close as 50m above me, even when right next to me when I can still control the craft but not see the picture in the app, it stays disconnected.
Had the same problem at a different location with even less interference.
Even though my HD settings are set to Auto, I was under the impression it will automatically switch between 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz, but it doesn't. Problems went away after switching to 2.4ghz
I lost my P3P last year in North Baffin Fjords in the north pole, also when it wouldn't reconnect after losing signal.
Will try another cable but doubt this is the issue it is the original iphone cable and didnt have issues before updating the app

Have you tried uninstalling the application, closing all open applications, powering off your IPhone and then back on and then reinstalling the application yet? Please let me know.

Take care,

Jesse

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik