P4Pro+ Controller Lost Signal Suddenly

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Was flying my p4pro+ today and the controller suddenly lost video signal. It wasn't too far out, only about 250m. It asked me if I wanted to RTH and I clicked YES. The bird came back home without any problems, but strangely didn't reconnect the video feed and it kept being 'disconnected' until I rebooted the controller. It then also asked me to calibrate my controller.

Any thoughts on this? Could I check in the logs what exactly happened during this flight? I'm still a noob and learning :)

Just so you know, you can reboot the display on the P4P+ without rebooting the controller, using the button on top of the display itself.

be shure you can see the complete version from AC and RC in the about window on your RC

if it doesn't, flash firmware again with assistent2 software

yep, is it a bug?

Maybe it is, I thought I was the only one who had this problem. It is very repeatable for me. Anytime I fly a decent distance away (1k+ feet or so) and try to swap between picture and video I lose my video feed. I have found that while my feed is lost if I switch back to the mode where I had the video feed it instantly comes back. Does this line up with what you seen?

Maybe it is, I thought I was the only one who had this problem. It is very repeatable for me. Anytime I fly a decent distance away (1k+ feet or so) and try to swap between picture and video I lose my video feed. I have found that while my feed is lost if I switch back to the mode where I had the video feed it instantly comes back. Does this line up with what you seen?

Not sure, I didn't do anything when I lost the feed. I just let it RTH. Will see if the 'problem' will come back.

Hey Guys,

Was flying my p4pro+ today and the controller suddenly lost video signal. It wasn't too far out, only about 250m. It asked me if I wanted to RTH and I clicked YES. The bird came back home without any problems, but strangely didn't reconnect the video feed and it kept being 'disconnected' until I rebooted the controller. It then also asked me to calibrate my controller.

Any thoughts on this? Could I check in the logs what exactly happened during this flight? I'm still a noob and learning :)

I had the same thing happen yesterday Do0neb0y, kinda freaked me out was first time I needed RTH due to loss of signal... but glad it worked as supposed to, bird came right back to me, pschew. Thanks for posting this in the forum, I was going to do it yesterday but time got out from under me, and you explained exactly what happened to me very well, except I hadn't made the switching photo/video connection. And am still unclear why that would not only kill the feed but cause total loss of connection and even controlling the aircraft. Following to see what others experience.

I had the same thing happen yesterday Do0neb0y, kinda freaked me out was first time I needed RTH due to loss of signal... but glad it worked as supposed to, bird came right back to me, pschew. Thanks for posting this in the forum, I was going to do it yesterday but time got out from under me, and you explained exactly what happened to me very well, except I hadn't made the switching photo/video connection. And am still unclear why that would not only kill the feed but cause total loss of connection and even controlling the aircraft. Following to see what others experience.

interesting. I could still control the aircraft, but feed completely lost.

Video feed and control are two separate things. You can have control of the AC even if you have lost video feed connection.

be shure you can see the complete version from AC and RC in the about window on your RC

if it doesn't, flash firmware again with assistent2 software
What do you mean?....I went into the About device section of my RC and don't see any of what you mentioned. All I see is system updates,status, legal info, regulatory info, model number, kernel version,and system version. Where should I see the RC and AC versions?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl