p4pro+ Can i Use Gear VR goggles?

Reaction score
Question, with the pro + can i hook to hdmi output and use gear vr goggles?
I dont have have yet waiting on delivery and new to this adventure. Have used friends p3 with litchi app on his phone and worked nicely. If i want to use goggles did i make a mistake by getting Pro+?. Thanks.

I've never tried the gear vr goggles, but you can hook up FPV goggles via the HDMI output on the remote controller.

The Gear VR is NOT a VR headset. It's simply a bunch of glass to put your phone in. There is no way to use with your Samsung phone unless you get a third part app on the phone itself that supports VR DJI flying.

As far as I know the port on the VR doesn't allow data to pass to the phone so it won't work in less you cut parts out of the VR Gear so you can plug directly in to your Phone. You will also need the Litchi or similar app to split the screen.

So if Samsung gear VR doesn't work, what VR headset WILL work for p4p FPV? I'm looking to get a set. Is litchi mandatory?

Yip, I have Fatshark Dominator V3's and they are awesome. Completely different experience to fly with. They are great for judging distances and clearances, way better than LOS. Get some, you won't regret it.
How is the clarity with fat sharks, I am really thinking of picking them up but am unsure of the video quality, also do they come with batteries, charger? Thanks

How is the clarity with fat sharks, I am really thinking of picking them up but am unsure of the video quality, also do they come with batteries, charger? Thanks
Just do a google goggle search .... Yes they sell complete packages... Thinking of getting goggles myself but not sure which ones yet. I'm wanting something the size of the Fatsharks but with the experience of the larger "hood" type VR set ups....

Clarity is good. They pick up the feed from the phantom at 720p I think. Really clear picture. They come with batteries but no charger, it's a LiPo battery so you will need a balanced charger.

Question, with the pro + can i hook to hdmi output and use gear vr goggles?
I dont have have yet waiting on delivery and new to this adventure. Have used friends p3 with litchi app on his phone and worked nicely. If i want to use goggles did i make a mistake by getting Pro+?. Thanks.
Litchi is supposed to work via VR with the p4p(+), but I have yet to fully test that one feature.

I also have a basically brand new Headplay(HDMI input) with upgraded lens that might possibly be for sale. Anyone interested?

Litchi is supposed to work via VR with the p4p(+), but I have yet to fully test that one feature.

I also have a basically brand new Headplay(HDMI input) with upgraded lens that might possibly be for sale. Anyone interested?
How much?

I'm using my Fat Shark Dominator V3 w/ my P4P+, cost is was approx. $350 with battery and w/o charger. I should also state that I had these goggles prior to my P4P+, I use them for my FPV racers. Fat Sharks are the #1 goggles of choice in the FPV racer world and they work 100X better when using the HDMI cable via the P4P+ RC, because there is no dropped signal as in FPV racing. They are not bulky and fairly comfortable once adjusted to fit your head.

You need to be able to use litchi but unfortunately 3rd party apps are not available yet for the p4 pro +. And also the Samsung gear vr will not work because they plug into your phone so you'll need to buy just a regular cheap pair of vr goggles that only just require your phone to be placed on the inside so you can use the micro USB on the phone for your Dji controller.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: nomorecrashandburn

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie