P4P wrong settings or defective model?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I bought my Phantom 4 Pro and last week I was just flying to try settings, flight modes etc.

When I watched my footage a few days later I saw some weird stuff, sometimes there appears a black line almost like a crack in a glass pane for 1/2 of a second. And the there is a stutter, it looks like an old video frame from a second ago is repeated because when you go true the video frame by frame it looks normal except there is a frame that matches the camera position from a second ago.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Do you recognise this problem and is it hardware related or a problems with my settings?

I shot in 4K 30pfs H264 (so no conversion from h265 to h264).

Thanks a lot !

Wouter

I clearly didn't watch as closely as you but I didn't see anything wrong. The issues you describe could be related to your sd card. Have you tried a different one (preferably UHS-3)?

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I bought my Phantom 4 Pro and last week I was just flying to try settings, flight modes etc.

When I watched my footage a few days later I saw some weird stuff, sometimes there appears a black line almost like a crack in a glass pane for 1/2 of a second. And the there is a stutter, it looks like an old video frame from a second ago is repeated because when you go true the video frame by frame it looks normal except there is a frame that matches the camera position from a second ago.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Do you recognise this problem and is it hardware related or a problems with my settings?

I shot in 4K 30pfs H264 (so no conversion from h265 to h264).

Thanks a lot !

Wouter

What kind of memory card are you using? That stutter makes me think that there could be some kind of write error going on. I would definitely try another card before I did anything else. If it is a problem with your bird then the next thing I would look at is the firmware. Then I would consider hardware, starting with the data ribbon cable.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I still use the 16GB card that came with the P4P. And I the firmware for the P4P and controller is up to date.

But the time when issue occurs:

'Cracks' : 0:05 - top third of the screen
0:07
0:09
1:05
Stutter: 0:22
0:30
0:38
0:40
0:44
0:48
0:50
0:52
0:58
1:02

I still use the 16GB card that came with the P4P. And I the firmware for the P4P and controller is up to date.

But the time when issue occurs:

'Cracks' : 0:05 - top third of the screen
0:07
0:09
1:05
Stutter: 0:22
0:30
0:38
0:40
0:44
0:48
0:50
0:52
0:58
1:02

I definitely see the problem. If for no other reason than convenience, I would troubleshoot it starting with the easiest first - the card - the firmware - then hardware. I am also a new P4P owner, having bought mine about when you got yours. No issues like that here at all.

I see the stutter early on. Just to clarify, this is video directly from the SD card and not from your phone/tablet, correct? If it's from the card, I would try a different SD card, as suggested, first.

The video is directly from the card. Ok, I have to buy another card then because I don't have any cards that are fast enough.

I haven't read a lot about this topic but, wat card is good enough (32 or 64GB). Because a lot of people disagree with each other on forums...

/ see what you mean, Qittah. There was a bit of a stutter on a few frames. Like jcknows0 said you may want to check you micro SD card first. I've come to realize not all sd cards are created equal. Some are made with faster reading and writing speeds just for 4K (or 2.7K) video recording.Just recently I spoke with the folks at Best Buy. Luckily there was a salesperson there that is also a drone pilot. He helped me pick out a good sd card. The one I went with was a SanDisk Extreme PLUS microSDXC UHS-1 card. It boasts of having 95MB/s read speed and up to 90MB/s write speed. Please forgive me if I'm spouting off things you already know, but this stuff was kind of new to me so I thought I would pass it along. Good luck!

It could be the card but a speedtest shows that it is fast enough!
FFBRHVyu

Bekijken — Afbeelding Uploaden
100/8=12,5 and the card can write up to 29.5 so that should not be a problem...

(Bitrate of P4P is in megabit, to get to megabyte you have to divide by 8.)

Thanks for your answers! Tonight I bought a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB card, so I hope it arrives before I leave for a short trip this weekend.

I will report back after testing.

The Sandisk Extreme Pro should write with 90mb/s and benchmarks prove that it writes with a minimum of 80mb/s. And DJI advises a few cards of which the Sandisk Extreme pro is one

Wasn't this fixed in the recent firmware update?
The repeated frames in 4k is well documented

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers