P4P with goggles?

Reaction score
Can I hear from anyone out there flying their P4P with Fat Shark or any other brand goggles? Just saw where the latest update on the reg P4 caused some Fat Shark goggles to quit working with their birds. I have wanted to try these goggles for a long time and wondering if they work with the P4P.

They are great. I use Dominator V3's, fantastic quality image. I haven't flow since last FW upgrade so can't comment on if there are any issues from latest FW.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
They are great. I use Dominator V3's, fantastic quality image. I haven't flow since last FW upgrade so can't comment on if there are any issues from latest FW.
I have heard they are great! Please let me know if they are working fine after this last update when you can. You are using them with the P4 Pro right?

Hi I fly with the Head Play googles and I installed the DJI HDMI module in the P4P controller and it all works great after the controller DJI Go app 4 updated the controller after seeing that I installed the new HDMI module. I have installed several HDMI modules in the P3P and Inspire controllers and never had any issues. Just take your time and make sure you connect up and lock the three ribbon cables. That's it!

Happy FPV your P4P

Best regards,
Steve

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi I fly with the Head Play googles and I installed the DJI HDMI module in the P4P controller and it all works great after the controller DJI Go app 4 updated the controller after seeing that I installed the new HDMI module. I have installed several HDMI modules in the P3P and Inspire controllers and never had any issues. Just take your time and make sure you connect up and lock the three ribbon cables. That's it!

Happy FPV your P4P

Best regards,
Steve

Hey Steve thanks man. I will look them up but how do these Head Play goggles compare to a Fat Shark set up? And yeah no problem on the HDMI module as I put it on my P4 and took it off before I sold it so I would have it for my P4P. I just have not installed it yet. But love to know your thoughts. Do you find it easier to concentrate on flying smoothly while your in the goggles?

Hi Kev, I love the Head Play over the Fat Shark but it's my eyes and vision I have, glasses I take off and the Head Play really helps and gives me that large view. I have used My Head Play since they were released back in 2014 and used them on the P3, P4 and now the P4P and I have gotten pretty good flyer and confident controlling the Bird under FPV control. It's very cool and I fly sometimes FPV indoors as the Bird is flying outside low to the ground and around flag markers I posted in the yard to get experience. It's great when it's very cold here in MA this winter and I can put in several hours flying. FPV is like you inside the Bird! I wish the P4P HDMI port could deliver 1080 and not just 720 but that's ok for now and the Head Play delivers great 720.

I'd like to get the New DJI goggles if they are as good as I have read from DJI but I will want to test them first.

Hope that all helpedI

Best regards,
Steve

Hi Kev, I love the Head Play over the Fat Shark but it's my eyes and vision I have, glasses I take off and the Head Play really help and give me that large view. I have Hawse My Head Play since they were released back in 2014 and used them on the P3, P4 and now the P4P and I have gotten pretty good and confident controlling the Bird under FPV control. It's very cool and I fly sometimes FPV indoors as the Bird is flying outside low to the ground and around flag markers I posted in the yard to get experience. It's great when it's very cold here in MA this winter and I can put in several hours flying. FPV is like you inside the Bird! I wish the P4P HDMI port could deliver 1080 and not just 720 but that's ok for now and the Head Play delivers great 720.

I'd like to get the New DJI goggles if they are as good as I have read from DJI but I will want to test them first.

Hope that all helpedI

Best regards,
Steve

Ok great! Man I sure appreciate the heads up on your goggles. That does suck that the module is only 720! I thought it was 1080. So when do the DJI goggles come out? So are you saying that if you wear glasses these Head Play goggles are better? Or they are better without glasses?

Kev, I don't know. I keep watching the DJI website but that's all I can say.
The other googles is the Eachine Goggles Two 5 Inches 5.8G Diversity 40CH Raceband HD 1080p HDMI FPV Goggles Video Glasses. I ordered these to try at $150 US, it's my backup.

I take off my glasses.

I have heard they are great! Please let me know if they are working fine after this last update when you can. You are using them with the P4 Pro right?

Yes, I have a P4P. I also used them with my P3A and, like you, moved the HDMI controller from my old remote. I'll test tonight with latest firmware and let you know. Cheers.

After I installed the HDMI module, connect you IOS or Google device and get the Go app 4 running with the controller on then turn on the bird.

Go app 4 Should show that you need to update the controller.

Takes 3 min for 100% then reboot the controller and you should be ready.
Best regards,
Steve

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan