P4P+ Will it get DJI Ground Station?

Reaction score
I just purchased a P4P+ from the DJI website. What is making me possibly regret the purchase of the + is that there seems to be no discussion if the display will ever get the GS app. Being fairly new to drones and the simple reason I got the P4P+ was for the purpose of surveying and mapping. Should I return and not get the + or is this a feature most would say will come as a built in app in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

is this a feature most would say will come as a built in app in the near future?
Nobody really knows at this point. If you decide to keep it, you could pick up the remote controller without the screen in the meantime. You can get one from DJI here or other authorized DJI dealers.

Nobody really knows at this point. If you decide to keep it, you could pick up the remote controller without the screen in the meantime. You can get one from DJI here or other authorized DJI dealers.

Yep it's looking like that's what I am going to do. The screen is awesome man you're gonna love it. It's super bright and it's so nice not to have to mess with a phone that is almost dead (all of mine are ALWAYS on the brink of shutting down when I go to take off!) That alone is a huge plus but I think the second transmitter idea is a good one. It's more money sure but I really want to be able to do the things you're referring to also but, well just wait and check out the controller and then try to get yourself to send it back for one with an empty bracket, lol. Plus I bet they will add some options to the GL-300C that will allow us to sell the other transmitter in a few months or simply have it on hand as a spare.

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
I just purchased a P4P+ from the DJI website. What is making me possibly regret the purchase of the + is that there seems to be no discussion if the display will ever get the GS app. Being fairly new to drones and the simple reason I got the P4P+ was for the purpose of surveying and mapping. Should I return and not get the + or is this a feature most would say will come as a built in app in the near future?

I love the P4P+ for many reasons ... so I bought one. Now I have a more general question for DJI. What is DJI's policy for keeping the P4P+ software at the same level as the P4P? What is DJI's policy to assure that ALL software available for the P4P will be available for the P4P+? If the policy is NOT to keep software options and currency the same for BOTH, should there be a CLEAR disclaimer in all material that describes the P4P+.

To me DJI GS pro has been marketed as an iPad app only.. So i am sorry but I don't think it will work the P4P+. Just my opinion but it is a hardware limitation hence iPad only..

Someone on a forum who spoke to DJI said they are working on the Android version

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The smarts at DJI isn't limited to the design department. The marketing folks are pretty spot-on, too. When they released the P3 Standard in 2015, it's 2.7 K video had all the "Advanced" buyers talking. And the Standard sold like crazy (I imagine the Advanced sales dropped severely). So DJI issues an update to allow the Advanced to do 2.7K video, something it was hardware-capable of all along.
As soon as the P4P+ sales start to dwindle, they will probably release Ground Station for the P4P (including the Plus). Then, a bit later, they will likely open up the Plus to side-loaded apps, or start their own App Store and offer stuff there. It's all about the money. Brilliant!

448f9e3056332fadb787e816a5f80c39.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well there is demand for sure. But I wonder how does DJI pay for the GS pro app development.. Will it be a money making exercise? are they developing this app to take market share away from third parties? or later on will introduced paid elements? or is it a "gift" to DJI owners?

Well there is demand for sure. But I wonder how does DJI pay for the GS pro app development.. Will it be a money making exercise? are they developing this app to take market share away from third parties? or later on will introduced paid elements? or is it a "gift" to DJI owners?
Hopefully a gift, but i would be okay with paying roughly litchi prices...

BTW love your YouTube Channel!!! Follow every upload!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: AIRSPACE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers