P4P weak radio signal

Reaction score
A week or so ago my grandson was flying one of my P4P's and unfortunately flew it into a light pole. ( I didn't yell at him and tried to remain calm as he is 11 and it was a bit windy )

Since that time when I fly this one once I get 50 yards I start losing video signal and then radio transmission. I can still see it and have tried to fly it further but next to no controls. I am able to get it to return to home and when it gets closer take control.

I'm questioning whether he damaged the antenna's in the landing struts. I have reset software to factory for both P4P and controller with no change, then upgraded software and no change. There is no physical damage to the exterior.

My question is there some way to test and determine if it's the antenna's or something else? I was going to undertake replacing them but wanted to ask the question to the group.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Last edited:
I do but before I spend 2 or 3 hours breaking them down ( which I've not done before ) and put back together to test and then have to switch back if not the cause I figured I would ask the community if there was some other way to troubleshoot.

Think I'll just buy a new set and swap them out and see...

Thanks,

You stated that it was ‘one’ of your P4P’s. Do you have another one to switch the landing gear and try testing it in that way?

I agree that buying and installing new landing gear makes more sense than taking the landing gear from your other P4P! It's not that difficult and there are many
YouTube free How-To Videos available.

My P4P looses GPS Signal often, even in a very remote area , no power lines or obstructions , clear line of sight , does this sound like the same issues ? maybe I need to change out the landing gear ?

index.jpg

Yeah wow!

This post is how you got my attention you didn't post what Phantom you had.
Lost transmission

This thread you did, so that's why I replied to it.

You been a member since 2017, and got good information with 2 posts.
Without making a new thread.
Wow.

It least post your location, even if it is not Earth.;)

Keep us in the loop, and now its your duty to help out here.
The hours are high, the pay is low, the stress is a positive. ;)

"Thanks Rod, Im going to send it for repairs before I loose mine "
I lost a PV2+, $1,400 at the time it wasn't fun.
Money wise, $400 I would have felt the same.

Check out this thread!
When he is done, it will be a movie. ;)
It Finally Happened!

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart