P4P vs P4A ... what's the difference?

Let's not forget they're eliminating the P4. Look for the P4A to go to a lower price in near future. I'm guessing around $1100.

The P4 and P4P are totally different aircraft and since the specs (including mag. comp. frame) on this new bird more closely resemble those of the P4P, maybe DJI should have just called it the P4P- (minus)...:confused:

Also, someone here seems to think the 5.8Ghz is dropped ?? It clearly shows both bands in the overview on the DJI website.

WTF?

P4A don't have 5.8GHz...
1c4682168ea72431ca2d0d127df66d9e.jpg

Reactions: goinup
Who cares about the 5.8ghz controller. Only really useful overseas.

I wouldn't have been able to do some of my works if I didn't have 5.8GHz band, specially in the city.

Once I had to record a event in the middle of my city, surrounded with 4 buildings, with plenty antennas, and a lot of people with cellphones, wifi, etc. With 2.4GHz I had glitches in video feed and it's hard to compose the scene in these condition. With 5.8GHz video feed was ultra stable, no glitches, better live view quality. In these moment I can dedicate to compose the shot without worries.

5.8GHz is a must for me, and a lot of people thinks that!

WTF?

P4A don't have 5.8GHz...
1c4682168ea72431ca2d0d127df66d9e.jpg
My bad Doc! I was looking at the original transmission Icon in the overview, which showed both freq's. That icon has now been changed to 2.4 only.

I'm quite disappointed they have bothered at all with a p4a, and tbh the price is not even good, I don't know why anyone forking out that sort of money wouldn't just get a pro version for the tiny fraction more, each to their own but personally I'm disappointed in what dji have just released
It's like a P4 with the new better p4p camera. Probaly have tons of P4 guts around or production line still running.

Where do you see that P4 EOL announcement? Are you spreading rumors?

No he is in fact correct and not spreading rumours , the p4 will be discontinued... I do not have a source link but I can assure you this is the case. Maybe someone can provide a link?

Yeah, I found the potential source of this info. I had forgotten the P4 was included, I thought it was P3P and P3A only. When this came out many thought it was a hoax, unable to confirm with DJI. But I guess it makes sense if they want to stop using 1/2" sensor cameras and push only 1" sensors, which is a good way to differentiate yourself from the competition, for the time being. At CES in January, Autel was saying they expect to release their 1" sensor camera this summer. They had an XStar proto there with retracks and a 360 rotating camera.

That sUAS piece from January 18 turned out to be a hoax and nothing else came out to confirm it.
It wasn't until April 13, when DJI announced the P4 Advanced that they made any mention of discontinuing the P4.
With the introduction of the more affordable, yet powerful Phantom 4 Advanced, the Phantom 4 model will reach its End of Life (EOL) on April 30, 2017. DJI will continue to provide after sales support to Phantom 4 customers and they can continue to enjoy flying their aircraft using the DJI GO 4 app.
New Phantom 4 Advanced Gives Creators The Ideal Flying Camera For Expanding Their Creative Vision

This is nothing new and a marketing strategy to sell more units, just like DJI did with the Phantom 3 line. They were obviously pushed to get the P4P to market before they had the P4A ready, hence a short delay. To some, a couple hundred dollars could be the difference when you're factoring the cost of a full kit (extra batteries, case, tablet, etc.)
DJI isn't moving backwards, they're locking up the market and every potential source of income they can with the current platform.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj