P4P vs P4A ... what's the difference?

Definitely agree 100% but for me as a hobbyist I can't afford to spend on the price of the mavic as I have the p4p and some people don't have money to splash around, but I do agree because people who want the latest and greatest would instantly swap and pay the difference once they had the standard mavic and the pro was released which is why I don't get why they are going 3 steps forward and then 4 months later taking 1 step back, on a side note I think it will be at least 4+ months before a better model of p4p is released like a p5 will have to have some great upgrades to make it worthwhile to get, really the p4p was a massive upgrade and I'm not sure how they will top that by much besides battery life and a few other little things like the side sensors the same as the front and rear and potentially a 360 camera

What features would u guys like to see in a potential p5? I'm curious to what more people would want or they could offer
Not sure it can get much better then the phantom 4 pro or the mavic

I like the idea of dumping the side and rear sensors because they seem fairly useless for 99.9% of the flying I do (LOS) but I wish DJI would focus its energy on making their releases something of a step forward, not back. Why didn't they just release this option at the same time as P4P and why is Autel giving us the option of plug-n-play cameras while DJI seems to be swimming in place?

One of the most important features to me are the side sensors - I use the side sensors, all the time, when I am flying in Tripod mode close to the side of the mountains
And now the 5.8GHZ Band..

One of the most important features to me are the side sensors - I use the side sensors, all the time, when I am flying in Tripod mode close to the side of the mountains

Tripod mode is so underrated and underused imo, great for steady filming and like u said when your in tight areas it has all the protection and it's slowed down controls make it for very smooth filming and for commercial use (even though I don't do commercial work)

As for the 5.8ghz I liked it, its definitely great but I ended up purchasing a range extender and it's provides awesome penetration in clustered areas, it only uses 2.4ghz but it performs that well I don't need the 5.8ghz plus it opened up a great amount of options for me to do further modifications or attachments as I like to fiddle with my stuff, I use the conquer range extender which imo is the best one and greatest thing I have purchased for my p4p

Tripod mode is so underrated and underused imo,

Totally agree 100% with your statement.

great for steady filming and like u said when your in tight areas it has all the protection and it's slowed down controls make it for very smooth filming and for commercial use (even though I don't do commercial work)

I love the cinematic looking pictures and footage when I get close to the cliffs and mountains with the side sensors of the P4 Pro when I shoot in tripod mode. There is no way I will be able to do the same with the Mavic.

I love the cinematic looking pictures and footage when I get close to the cliffs and mountains with the side sensors of the P4 Pro when I shoot in tripod mode. There is no way I will be able to do the same with the Mavic.

Where can we see some of your mountain and cliff shots? I would love to see what you do with your p4p

I just bought a P4P 6 days ago. I can do without the sensors. I shut them all off. However, not being able to switch between 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz is a big selling point. That can be the difference of getting longer range or loosing signal in saturated 2.4ghz locations. For this I believe the P4P is worth the extra buck.

With every company its very important on timing and best scenario for ROI. I believe they didn't release the P4A at the same time as P4P because people like me may not need the extra sensors nor 5.8ghz option, therefor, loosing P4P Sales. It also would greatly effect their sales schedule thus leaving them with extra old inventory. Obviously a bummer from a consumer standpoint but very smart on a company standpoint.

WhidbeyDroneDude, are you saying that you also think DJI's customer service and their corrupt firmware updates suck big time?
There needs to be a class action suit against DJI.

I for one am truly disappointed. I feel like I would be getting less of a drone for more money.

Been waiting to buy but had an feeling they were going to introduce another version in April so I held off. Currently I can get the P4P+ for around £1500 and this would cost me £1699 for less features? Not for me.

Really thought they were going to bring out a larger screen for the + version. Backward step.

I would not be surprised if they do the same with the Mavic 2.
Throw couple of sensors on the side and rear, name it Mavic Advanced or something and put it out on the market.

5ghz may have benefits in congested areas, but 2.4ghz will have further range in open areas. So depends where you fly most of the time. For me, I'm usually flying in open areas, so 2.4 is good

Call me cynical if you like, but, reading the interesting comments above has anyone thought 'maybe, just maybe' it's a bit of a ploy to boost the P4Pro sales? Kinda reverse marketing:rolleyes:o_O;)

Call me cynical if you like, but, reading the interesting comments above has anyone thought 'maybe, just maybe' it's a bit of a ploy to boost the P4Pro sales? Kinda reverse marketing:rolleyes:o_O;)

They don't need to boost p4p sales they are already pumping out the door, they have no problems selling the p4p so that would be a stupid marketing move if that was the case

Ahhh but how do you know 'They are pumping out the door'? Every business would like to boost sales, so to say they don't need to is . . . well . . . you know what I mean (I don't wish to be rude).:);):):D

Definitely agree 100% but for me as a hobbyist I can't afford to spend on the price of the mavic as I have the p4p and some people don't have money to splash around, but I do agree because people who want the latest and greatest would instantly swap and pay the difference once they had the standard mavic and the pro was released which is why I don't get why they are going 3 steps forward and then 4 months later taking 1 step back, on a side note I think it will be at least 4+ months before a better model of p4p is released like a p5 will have to have some great upgrades to make it worthwhile to get, really the p4p was a massive upgrade and I'm not sure how they will top that by much besides battery life and a few other little things like the side sensors the same as the front and rear and potentially a 360 camera

What features would u guys like to see in a potential p5? I'm curious to what more people would want or they could offer
how about a removable camera??

There is a significant (IMHO) change: ..."The adoption of titanium alloy and magneslum alloy construction inreases the rigidity of the airframe and reduces weight, making the Phantom 4 Advanced even lighter than the Phntom 4." That should take care of "stress cracks"
Also, someone here seems to think the 5.8Ghz is dropped ?? It clearly shows both bands in the overview on the DJI website.

What everyone here is failing to mention is that the forward and bottom sensors have been dramatically improved with increased sensitivity. The new bottom sensors allow for flight indoors without gps signal and it remains very stable. Who cares about the 5.8ghz controller. Only really useful overseas.

What everyone here is failing to mention is that the forward and bottom sensors have been dramatically improved with increased sensitivity. The new bottom sensors allow for flight indoors without gps signal and it remains very stable. Who cares about the 5.8ghz controller. Only really useful overseas.
Interesting re: sensors if true, from what I understand the forward range is now 30m (which matches the Phantom 4 Pro's specs) and doubles the range of the Phantom 4.

I am not sure about those bottom facing sensors and whether if they have been improved

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20