P4P Video Recording keeps stopping on it's own!

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

On my brand new P4P the video keeps cutting out (stopping) after 30-60 seconds of run time. I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't work. I don't know what else to do..... any thoughts?

Cheers,

Bruce

I've had this happen. I don't know if I have the answer however, make sure it's a fast SD card. Try a different SD card. Format it in the Phantom. Delete the Go app and reinstall.

Hi Folks,

On my brand new P4P the video keeps cutting out (stopping) after 30-60 seconds of run time. I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't work. I don't know what else to do..... any thoughts?

Cheers,

Bruce
This is almost always due to a faulty Mini SD card..

I have a 64G SD card that is rated U10 speed. I just tried reformatting the card, and then I was able to record 3 minutes of video without any issues. I'm guessing here, but perhaps I need to reformat after every flight?

I have a 64G SD card that is rated U10 speed. I just tried reformatting the card, and then I was able to record 3 minutes of video without any issues. I'm guessing here, but perhaps I need to reformat after every flight?
I always reformat at the start of my flying session....once the card is used there are many other files on it other then the actual video files. Best to reformat everytime you put it in the bird.

Hmm. That is the same one I have.. It works great.. One thing I did have a problem with the beginning of the files being corrupted.. Tried resetting the camera etc.. What finally worked was using Assistant 2 and refreshing the firmware of the quad..

I always reformat at the start of my flying session....once the card is used there are many other files on it other then the actual video files. Best to reformat everytime you put it in the bird.

Thanks Bkushner, that did the trick for me!

Reactions: bkushner
That's quite interesting C-FMEA. I've just got my P4P+ and I tried the old 64GB Sandisk Class10 card I used in my P3P and I was having problems with writing to the card. Changed to the supplied U3 card and problems went away. I've now ordered a 64GB Sandisk V30 card and will keep the supplied U3 card as a backup (for those times when you realise you left your card in the computer).
Did you mean you were using a Class10 or a U3 card? I'd be surprised if it was a Class10 as they really struggle writing 100Mbps data.

Yes, mine is a class 10, and I suppose that would explain the issue for me. I've been struggling to get a good quality picture, with periodic stuttering in the video. I'm heading out to get a faster card! Thanks for the input. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen