P4P Video Problems

mic

Reaction score
Just wondering if any P4P owners have had the following Video problems. From out of the box my video quality was and is a disaster.
Regardless of any format, size, frame rate and encoding the video: tears, pixilates, stalls, jumps and fills the screen with green.
I have tried a number of mem cards all of which are high speed class 10 types, and upgraded the firmware.
The results are always the same - even with the P4P parked on the ground, although not quite as bad.

I don't feel it's a card problem as the faults appear on the tablet as it happens.
It does appear to be a camera problem and probably related to movement and vibration.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, mic

Which mobile device are you using?

So both the displayed FPV, and the video recorded to the aircraft microSD card are corrupted? If so, likely a warranty repair. The FPV issues could be anything, but if the video recorded on the card is bad, too, then there is a problem with the aircraft hardware or the card. Persistence after use of multiple cards points to the aircraft hardware. Probably the camera or the microSD card slot.

Last edited:
Your issue may be related to an issue I am trouble shooting.
Try formatting the microSD card outside of the P4P aircraft. I suspect some of the video glitches in P4P videos are due to corrupted formatting of the microSD card inside the P4P through the DJI GO 4 app. I used a P4P formatted microSD card in my P4 last night, and the P4 recorded video last exhibits the same video glitches as the P4P! No previous P4 video glitches! Still testing this theory!

Last edited:
I've got the same problem with my p4p and ipad mini 2. Things gets better if you go into the transmission options and choose "manual". Then reduce the bandwith of the streaming to 4 or 6 mbps. Worse quality but better signal. I hope into a more optimized djigo4 app or firmware solution

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had the same issue the other day and was livid!!!
Flew a job spent 4 batteries and thought all was fine until I got home to my studio and downloaded the files...

Upon reviewing the files on my computer I almost fell off my chair - HORRIBLE... worse than the cached files on the tablet... pixellation all over and some big green bands with pixellation... S...t now i have to go shoot it all over again - and what the heck caused this...

For s...t and giggles I looked at the SD card and double clicked one of the files on the card... WOW was I pleasantly surprised... the file played beautifully... so I downloaded them again and these files played fine... so somehow they got corrupted in the download to my computer... Sorry if this isn't the case with you...

Well, that adds a whole new wrinkle to the equation! Can you replicate the problem?
Nope... hasn't happened since... thinking maybe the card was katywomper in the reader and one of the pins was making intermittent contact... who knows... but I will know next time to try this first... then have a hissy fit.... :)

Nope... hasn't happened since... thinking maybe the card was katywomper in the reader and one of the pins was making intermittent contact... who knows... but I will know next time to try this first... then have a hissy fit.... :)
I have odd issues with the Lexar 1000x cards that have extra pins on them, if the card isn't inserted perfectly into the reader, or the USB reader holding the microSD card isn't inserted perfectly into the computer. So far, it just dumbs down the speed of transfer, but corruption could occur if the connection was intermittent.

Reactions: PunaPhantom
To me it happens exactly the same P4P not always but if followed! Sometimes to 800metros or less, but the videos recorded ok, it is in the video transmission that it freezes and even green pictures come out and returning the drone a few meters. Use ipad 3 mini.

When you lose connection to the drone and when reconnected does not reconnect well. which may be? I sent it to a technician but he says it's ok the drone!

I had issues with 32 Gb micro SD working in one Phantom (P3S) and not in the other (P3P). Turns out the card itself was cracked, too small to notice. One drone put pressure on the crack allowing it to work, the other did not. Didn't figure it all out until the card fell apart in my hand.
These things are a lot more fragile that I thought. Now I transport them only in a SD adapter or the aircraft itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub