P4P+ video lag while flying

Reaction score
Anybody having a problem with video lag on the p4p plus. This is the second one that I've tried and both have a lag. Done all updates even put in 1080p. Still has a lag. Video is slow to catch up with the live view.. Don't have a vid of it yet. Thanks for any help..

I'm not sure I'd call it a 'lag', but I have some sort of live feed transmission/display issue on my P4P+ too.

On mine it looks like brief freezing or loss of transmission signal, even when completely unobstructed and within a 100 ft.

I haven't found much help or report of the issue online, so I assume I have a lemon and am sending it back to B&H for another.

I tried both 2.4 and 5.8 bands, reformatting SD cards, all updates, cycles, etc, but it still glitches.

I'm not sure I'd call it a 'lag', but I have some sort of live feed transmission/display issue on my P4P+ too.

On mine it looks like brief freezing or loss of transmission signal, even when completely unobstructed and within a 100 ft.

I haven't found much help or report of the issue online, so I assume I have a lemon and am sending it back to B&H for another.

I tried both 2.4 and 5.8 bands, reformatting SD cards, all updates, cycles, etc, but it still glitches.
That's right. That's exactly what's mine is doing also. And this is the second one doing the same thing. I can't really find anything on it either. I just wonder if the ones with out the built in screen are doing it. Never had this issue before with a Phantom. And I've had them all.

I am having the exact same issue. Making me very considering the amount of $$$ we all paid for this..... Does anyone have a solution?

I am having the exact same issue. Making me very considering the amount of $$$ we all paid for this..... Does anyone have a solution?

Never had this with the mavic which I sold to get the 4p+. Kinda regretting selling Mavic.

Can't imagine it's across all Pro+ units, or more people would be complaining.

Besides the freezing and jittering of the feed, I was playing around with assessing the live feed from the ground, drone in hand, and noticed also that the lag between actual movement and what shows on the monitor is quite significant. Very different from all my previous Phantom versions used with an iPhone.

I didn't realize B&H would hand me off to another vendor for returns/exchanges.. something called the Gradus Group. Hopefully I get another copy (or can return) without much fuss. I think I'm going back to a regular controller w/ an iPhone/iPad.

Same issue here... recorded video is fine, yet what is displayed on the P4P+ monitor is choppy, laggy, broken up, how ever you would like to describe it

i have this problem too,looks like i make a mastake buying the p4p+ should have gone for p4p,my old p3p has done 840km never had any problems ,

Reactions: Bpd002
I have it as well...occasionally..big deal. Recorded Video looks fine. Other then that I l,ove how stable it is and the outstanding video/pictures it delivers. I very, very minor issue but overall a fantastic flying machine. I had similar issues with my Inspire 1.

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
I have it as well...occasionally..big deal. Recorded Video looks fine. Other then that I l,ove how stable it is and the outstanding video/pictures it delivers. I very, very minor issue but overall a fantastic flying machine. I had similar issues with my Inspire 1.

Def, not a reason to jump ship, I'm sure it'll be fixed over time. We all just need to be careful keeping track of our birds in the meantime, which we should do anyway hehe

Reactions: Techcop50
Was out flying today - in 4K 24fps 'lag' is pretty bad. In 4K 30fps, still there, not as bad. Went to 4K 48fps, completely gone. I restarted both and at 4K 24fps, no video signal from bird to RC. Switched in flight to 4k 48fps, all good. All recorded video fine. I do think 24fps is sharper than 48fps in 4K

Same issue here... recorded video is fine, yet what is displayed on the P4P+ monitor is choppy, laggy, broken up, how ever you would like to describe it
Yep..Same.....I'll have to try what Tom K said above about switching my video to 4K 48fps and see if it eliminated the issue...Still, this isn't a fix as I'd still like the ability to choose different FPS

Yep..Same.....I'll have to try what Tom K said above about switching my video to 4K 48fps and see if it eliminated the issue...Still, this isn't a fix as I'd still like the ability to choose different FPS
Try and see if it works - agree I like to shot 4k 24 and not have to deal with this. I'm doing firmware update in the next few days, will try again after

Reactions: Liveddica
I tried everything. 1080 all frames per sec. still got vid freezing bad. Just sucks compared to there other ones that I never had this prob with. Dji has a great drone this one just has a problem for some people. Like I said before this is my second plus doing it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic