P4P+ recording 4k glitches video feed! (in 1080p no problem)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

After trying everything I am returning here again. Whenever I record 4k the video feed starts glitching. This is annoying as its difficult to make cinematic moves this way (and to fly in general). It's only the feed that glitches. The files on the micro sd card are totally fine. I tried different sd cards (currently using Sandisk Extreme Pro) but this doesn't solve the problem.

The weird thing is that recording in 1080p the feed is perfectly fine. I tried flashing firmware, recalibrating everything multiple times and still having this problem. It's ONLY when i press the 'record button'. Otherwise flying is perfectly fine.

Just to make myself clear: I am talking about the video feed that I see on the controller of the P4P+. I've also tried to disable video caching as I thought this might cause the problem, but no luck with that.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. I've had 2 P4p+ and both had this issue. Can anyone confirm they are having the same 'problem' ? Or should I think this is normal?

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem and a bunch of other people on the dji forum seem to have it as well. I just did not try 1080 yet, only 4K so far and I have frequent glitches as stated in a thread i started yesterday.
Will try 1080 and see if its any better ...

confirmed no problem in 1080, not a single glitch with two batteries.

its very weird as you would think the controller just gives a command to the bird to record it on the SD there. I don't see why it should affect the feed at 4k. This should be fixed ASAP in firmware.

Same problem for me. Mine only happened as I started recording. Happen for a second then be fine for the rest of my clip. Lower resolutions are no problem

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sme here for me. I thought it was a controller issues of 2.4 vs 5.8. I switch my controller to 2.4 and it still did it... just not as frequent. I may try 1080 next time... which does defeat the purpose of having the 4K camera?

I think you may find its down to the capabilities of the actual built in Android tablet not having a fast enough processor to handle the display/stream its receiving. You would of thought DJI would of provided a screen/tablet with a fast enough processor but this is DJI we are talking about! :)

I think you may find its down to the capabilities of the actual built in Android tablet not having a fast enough processor to handle the display/stream its receiving. You would of thought DJI would of provided a screen/tablet with a fast enough processor but this is DJI we are talking about! :)

that shouldn't be it as the feed that the tablet is sending should be no different than the 1080p feed. We are just talking about a 'viewing' feed here. The only thing the controller should do is push a command to 'record' to the bird. This should have nothing to do with the quality of recording, yet it does. So this should be fixed.

that shouldn't be it as the feed that the tablet is sending should be no different than the 1080p feed. We are just talking about a 'viewing' feed here. The only thing the controller should do is push a command to 'record' to the bird. This should have nothing to do with the quality of recording, yet it does. So this should be fixed.

The tablet isn't sending the feed it is receiving the feed and if it doesn't have a fast enough processor to handle a 4K stream then it's going to start freezing and glitching. In 1080p stream the data is a lot less and thats why it doesn't glitch then.

The tablet isn't sending the feed it is receiving the feed and if it doesn't have a fast enough processor to handle a 4K stream then it's going to start freezing and glitching. In 1080p stream the data is a lot less and thats why it doesn't glitch then.

I meant that the feed should always be the same. The quality of the feed should be no different if you're recording in 4k, 1080p or not recording at all. Obviously the bird can never send a live 4k feed, that would be impossible.

Does this still happen if you choose 2k or is 2k not a choice??
(I'm preparing to buy a P4P+, but just don't want to regret that decision later)

I find in 24fps it's worse. Better at 48 and 60fps. trying changing your fame rate is see if it changes

I've similar issue also on P4P (non +) with my good old Ipad Air. Attaching iPhone 7 it's really smooth, no problem at all. It seems GO App 4 eats lot of processing power. But this must not happen on custom P4P+ screen...:eek:

Should I be worried about purchasing an P4P+ ?? I plan to pull the trigger soon.

Also, I'm a little worried too because it appears DJI has taken the P4P+ out of their online store. You can only get the P4P. I do see that other dealers still have the P4P+, but why doesn't DJI?

Should I be worried about purchasing an P4P+ ?? I plan to pull the trigger soon.

Also, I'm a little worried too because it appears DJI has taken the P4P+ out of their online store. You can only get the P4P. I do see that other dealers still have the P4P+, but why doesn't DJI?

lol wow. Maybe because of too many issues (like this one) ?

My P4p+ suffers awful screen glitches too. Impossible to get cinematic shots. The app will often either crash during a flight or all my camera settings will reset which means landing and setting up again. I'm returning it for a P4p non+ as it's pretty well unusable. I make a living from aerial media so I can't wait about for a firmware fix - if there is one even!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I meant that the feed should always be the same. The quality of the feed should be no different if you're recording in 4k, 1080p or not recording at all.
Just throwing some thought-questions into the discussion:
Does the processor in the viewing device have to work harder to display 1080p resolution when the aircraft camera is set to record at 4K than it does when the aircraft camera is set to record at 1080p? If so, does this apply regardless of whether the aircraft is actually recording to the micro-SD card at the time?

Is there any way to reduce the bit rate at which the P4PP Android screen displays the video transmission in the same way that it can be reduced in a P4P set-up, using the Android device's settings?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik