P4P+ Rear end heavy?

Reaction score
Hello, just a general question since the P4P and P4P+ are basically the same... I have noticed that my P4P+ when hovering (any height) in no wind conditions outdoors or indoors, as I walk around it the rear end is lower than the front, ie it is not level. IMU calibration not required as minimal green showing in the status, but I did it anyway. Still seems heavy in the rear. Is this simply due to the heavy battery being nearer to the rear?
It hovers beautifully in one spot, no issue there...

If it hovers perfectly, it CAN'T be tilted. What are you comparing it to? If the ground or horizon is slightly tilted and that's what you're comparing it to, then it's an illusion. After you look at it, rotate it 180° and look again from the same vantage point. Now the front should look lower.

The only way it could remain stationary if one end was lower than the other would be if all the motors were mounted askew at the same angle (extremely unlikely as the props would be striking the body on the low side). If otherwise, the Phantom would be slowly moving in the direction of the lower side and wouldn't remain in a stable hover.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4