P4P+ RC freeze GPS lost

Reaction score
Hello P4P pilots,
Yesterday I was doing documentation of a construction site with P4P+. I did use 4 batteries. Last flight was without problems but others were quite bad. Weather was windy and temperature was little bit below freezing point.
P4P did lost GPS several times during each 3 flights and wind was pushing it usually away from me towards open water. Once this happened at same as my RC app freezed and had no visual sight to the drone. I had to power down the the RC for a moment to get app working again. When it was up, P4P had GPS again and it was stable so luckily I did not lost it.
Is this (losing GPS) common with P4P or is unit faulty?
I do not remember more than maybe 10 times in 400+ flights that P3 had lost GPS.

Fly safe,
Matti

Loosing GPS mid flight, outdoor with clear view of the sky is definitely not common.

I fly my P4P in cold weather and never experienced what you're describing. Want to share the RC log?

Post edit: on second thought, seeing that you had to reboot your RC, the FC log would be better.

For FC .DAT file it says here that the file is too large.
But here is a screen shot:
upload_2017-2-19_15-38-15.png

Satellite number stays good but GPS level drops suddenly from 5 (very strong) to 0. And as suddenly it rises back to 5 again.
I think I need to contact DJI

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-19_15-34-41.png
    upload_2017-2-19_15-34-41.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 425
DJI did arrange a UPS to pick it up. After diagnosis they will provide a free repair and ship it back in 2 or 3 days.

I did receive it back from service. DJI did not repair it, instead i got a new drone. Tested it today no GPS problems with first flights.

I purchased a P4Pr0+ to use for mine survey.From the onset video feed has been poor to non existent (flying with an iPad Mini 2).I have experienced loss of gps lock on several occasions while attempting missions in pix4d capture and drone deploy.Have stopped using it till I can have it looked at.I am flying in Angola where wifi is weak even in the office let alone out in the mining area.My phantom 3A has been performing without a hitch for 2 years.

I'm having similar issues, and it all started when I updated the controller to the latest FW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen