P4P+ Radar Screen 90° off

Reaction score
Phantom noob, long time lurker.

The radar screen on my P4P+ screen is 90 degrees off when in the air.

When I'm looking that the battery when flying, (should the screen now be in the 12 o'clock position?) the radar is in the 3:00 o'clock position.

The RC asked me to do a figure 8 dance today, did that, and got a "successful" message on the screen.

But I do no see any way to manually calibrate the compass on the + screen.
I have not calibrated any of the sensors on the aircraft., as I have not been altered to do so.

I am on V1.1.1.1 on the + remote, the GO App v4.0.0(12), and the P4P firmware is V01.02.0304.

Any thoughts?

TIA!
Rick

the compass cal is in the go 4 app, I think the orientation of the radar is to north, but nothing to worry about, they all seem to be off a little.

Last edited:
the compass cal is in the go 4 app, I think the orientation of the radar is to north, but nothing to worry about, they all seem to be off a little.
He's looking for the way to calibrate the compass in his screen, not the Phantom.
Having the radar display out like that is almost always because the compass in your tablet is out of calibration.

Thanks all, I see no way to calibrate the built in P4P+ built tablet.
(I do this on my android device regularly, as I use it for Geocaching.)
I guess I am trying to understand how you all know which way to point the aircraft home when it is "way out there", and you can't see the nose.
It looked to me like I could use the radar screen, point the nose to the 6 o'clock position, and fly her on in.
But if it is not accurate, how do you know how to bring her home with this inaccuracy, without using the built in RTH?
I guess as a noob, RTH feels to me like an emergency procedure. (?)

Thanks!

He's looking for the way to calibrate the compass in his screen, not the Phantom.
Having the radar display out like that is almost always because the compass in your tablet is out of calibration.
aaah, gotcha now, yes the radar cannot be calibrated, hehe, fooled me a little there. I thought he had two problems, compass cal, and radar off center

Phantom noob, long time lurker.

The radar screen on my P4P+ screen is 90 degrees off when in the air.

When I'm looking that the battery when flying, (should the screen now be in the 12 o'clock position?) the radar is in the 3:00 o'clock position.

The RC asked me to do a figure 8 dance today, did that, and got a "successful" message on the screen.

But I do no see any way to manually calibrate the compass on the + screen.
I have not calibrated any of the sensors on the aircraft., as I have not been altered to do so.

I am on V1.1.1.1 on the + remote, the GO App v4.0.0(12), and the P4P firmware is V01.02.0304.

Any thoughts?

TIA!
Rick

Did you get it to work?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Never did, it seems the built in compass on the screen is the issue, and there is no way that I know of to calibrate it.
I have a friend that has a regular P4P, and I linked my aircraft to his controller, used an S2 TAB as the screen, did a quick compass calibration on the Android device, not the AC, and it was in perfect alignment.
So I have given up using the radar screen, maybe a future firmware upgrade will allow a compass calibration on screen.

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4