P4P+ Odd flight....

Reaction score
I was flying yesterday and had a very strange flight.
Started off normally enough...... then, Two seconds in, this warning started popping up:

Braking now! Return sticks to midpoints first.

It appeared 31 times in a 10 minute flight. It took 9 of those minutes to get it back from a distance of 100 feet.
As soon as it started, I tried immediately to bring it back to land but, every time I moved either one of the sticks it would come back and the bird would basically freeze. Hovering, but basically paralyzed.
After I finally got it to land, I moved to another location, changed battery and flew it normally.
The question is.......... WTF??
I was out in the country away from everything. I got no other warnings, i.e. interference, or compass problems.
So, second question is, why was next flight normal? Did rebooting the AC straighten it out?
I have to admit, I was concerned that I would not be able to get it back on the ground......

Screenshot_2017-05-18-06-10-24.png

Braking now! Return sticks to midpoints first.
This message means the front sensors were detecting an obstacle. That causes the Phantom to automatically stop (to prevent from crashing into the obstacle). This is common when flying toward the sun when it's low in the sky. If it happens again, you'll either need to yaw away from the sun, fly in a different direction, or disable obstacle avoidance in DJI GO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31