P4P+ Network Unavailable

Reaction score
I was very pleased with my P4P+. Many successful flights. All functions tried worked well. My problems started with a map problem after the latest firmware update (V01.04.0602). First, only Chinese maps available. Took a forum suggestion and did a factory reset.
Now I can't log on. Getting "network unavailable" messages after entering email and password. I'm not prompted to choose a wireless network nor enter the network passcode. Viewing my Linksys network map I do not see any device that could be the P4P+ RC but all my other wireless devices are working fine so my network is OK. I know of no way to reload the DJI GO app without a wireless network. I've also tried my IPhone hotspot. The RC does not "see" that either.
I have a trouble ticket open with DJI support, but I don't hold out much hope after reading many entries in this forum. It's the weekend so I won't hear from them until tomorrow morning. I'll let you all know what they say. In the mean time any ideas?

Reactions: ChipperRay
I was very pleased with my P4P+. Many successful flights. All functions tried worked well. My problems started with a map problem after the latest firmware update (V01.04.0602). First, only Chinese maps available. Took a forum suggestion and did a factory reset.
Now I can't log on. Getting "network unavailable" messages after entering email and password. I'm not prompted to choose a wireless network nor enter the network passcode. Viewing my Linksys network map I do not see any device that could be the P4P+ RC but all my other wireless devices are working fine so my network is OK. I know of no way to reload the DJI GO app without a wireless network. I've also tried my IPhone hotspot. The RC does not "see" that either.
I have a trouble ticket open with DJI support, but I don't hold out much hope after reading many entries in this forum. It's the weekend so I won't hear from them until tomorrow morning. I'll let you all know what they say. In the mean time any ideas?
Best thing after all is said and done I suggest going back to the previous upgrade and wait until all of the current issues are resolved ... I have many issues and frankly, I don't feel comfortable risking $2k of hardware when I fly with the current communications issues this update has left me with. Never had them with the update just before the newest one.

I would deffinetly consider backing out of the latest upgrade but I am dead in the water without network access. I'm on a p4p+ with no way to choose a wireless network (as you would if your RC had an iOS device). The first display I see on powering up the RC is the log on screen. You can't log on without wireless access to the network (unless I'm missing something).

pull down from the top of the +RC screen and go the the wheel / system settings and turn on WIFI and enter your password if needed, then you can log in. I couldn't figure out how to revert the RC unit back a version of firmware ... no option anywhere to do it.

Reactions: Mauitude1
Laddben, I had the same issue after the Factory Reset. What the error message means "Network Unavailable" is just that...your Factory Reset has disconnected you from your router or internet connection. Just go back into settings, find the WiFi tab and find your Network, type in your password and you will re-establish your Internet Connection. You will then be able to log into DJI account and your golden!

pull down from the top of the +RC screen and go the the wheel / system settings and turn on WIFI and enter your password if needed, then you can log in. I couldn't figure out how to revert the RC unit back a version of firmware ... no option anywhere to do it.
Hi I have the plus unit also. I always downnload the update and save on the computer. I update by copying the bin file to sd card and insert into controller and do a local update. I did use the wifi on the controller for this new update, Too many issues so I used the sd card and back peddled to previous version. I dont know where to find previous versions on DJI for the controller. Good luck with your downgrading

I wonder if I'm the only one ready to blow up my new p4p+? I have been flying my Phantom 2 for several years with no problems whatsoever until the dreaded battery failure occurred. I take real estate photos and do have my commercial license. I was smiling ear to ear as I unboxed my new P4P+ but there it lays on my workbench just glaring at me. I have read everything I can find, I have viewed all of the videos I can find, I have downloaded and read every word of the 69 page manual but still there it lays just glaring at me. Yesterday I spent all afternoon chatting with someone at DJI who finally said to reload something. After we got through talking, I couldn't even remember my name anymore. I have followed innumerable links which lead to more links and the best I can find is more and more talk about things I know nothing about. I run several computer systems and manage and send files and folders all over the country and beyond, handle downloading and working with photos on a daily basis and run my own websites. I am definitely not a computer geek but I have been building and using computers since 1980. What I can't do is get this piece of equipment to run. I would love to have the job of building DJI a startup manual that actually tells you how to actually start up. As in step 1, step 2, step 3… After reading the above, I recognize the "network not available" message. My fervent hope is that there is someone out there willing to take the time to lead me step-by-step, starting from step 1, to get this thing going so I can fly it happily like I was with my Phantom2. And by the way, my career was flying all kinds of airplanes and I even build airplanes but I can't start the motor on this thing sitting on my workbench. HELP, please. THANKS

After charging your controller and have a charged battery in the p4p, turn on the controller. To do this push the power button then push the power button again and hold it in until you hear a beep. What do you see on the display. Have you found the PDF users manual on the dji web site? Reading that completely will be a big help.

Hello; Start; Welcome; DJI agreement and privacy; Left arrow wi-fi; click next and: Network disconnected, failed to continue activating the remote control. Connect Wi-Fi or insert adapter.

I do get the green light on the controller and the only things that seem to work is the camera up and down with It's control wheel and the left stick will move the camera left and right a little bit. Nothing else seems to work.

Man, glad I kept reading posts.. that's was exactly my probe lm and what I did to fix it, thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1