P4P mov import issues to Final Cut Pro mac

Reaction score
So I just got rid of my phantom four and got the new pro, I recorded several clips in 4K at 60. When I tried to open the files it gives me an error "2002 A bad public movie atom was found in the movie" I was using the SD card that came with it did a little reading on the fourm and poeple were talking about A bad sd card, so I purchased sanDisk extreme plus class 10 and tried that, I keep getting the same thing, it will open in the VLC but the file is really corrupt badly, help

I'm not 100% on my numbers and my bird is sleeping so I can't check, but are you recording in h.264 or h.265?

I recorded some 265 and didn't try to open em in FCPX, but did try on my Macbook Pro, and thaaaat's when I learned about Mac's incompatibilty with 265. So I assume FCPX might also have trouble.

I have recorded in 264 also an mac still wouldn't play. Talked to the good people an Aces Deals.Biz and Peter is sending me another p4p something is corrupting every file, even when I record in mp4, Windows media player wont play either

h264 in a mov container is working well on mac
mp4 is working on win

Generally, the top editors Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer and Premiere Pro is h.265 compatible, but apparently not with DJIs version. Avid, Premiere or FCP hardly can import DJI Phantom 4 Pro H.265 files. What's more, keep in mind that 4K H.265 footage requires a ridiculous amount of processing power if you want to edit it in its original format, unless you have a very high-end PC. A practical way to solve the issue is to convert 4K H.265 from Phantom 4 Pro to an edit-friendly format for FCP, Avid, Premiere Pro with a DJI Transcoding tool. Here Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac comes out to help you achieve the goal.

Hi Chris,

Premier Pro CC 2017 is compatible with H.265 from the Phantom imported as an .MP4. If you record as a .MOV just change the extension to .MP4.

Yep, H.265 does take up a lot of computing power and 4K playback in Premier Pro is "stuttery". To deal with this, allow Premier Pro to generate "proxies". Do your editing on the proxies. Then when ready to export, switch back to the full resolution. Works terrific.

Donald Barar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen