P4P lost in Sweden

Welcome to the forum!

If you want to look for your P4P, upload your flight from your mobile device to this web sight.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Then then copy and paste the url back on this thread.

What was you using for a mobile device, Android or Ios?

What did you get for a GPS tracker?

Rod

Welcome to the forum!

If you want to look for your P4P, upload your flight from your mobile device to this web sight.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Then then copy and paste the url back on this thread.

What was you using for a mobile device, Android or Ios?

What did you get for a GPS tracker?

Rod
Where do I locate my flights on my mobile device, ( IPad Mini 4). I have gone into DJI Go 4 app and looked all over. Do I need to connect the Phantom 4?
Thanks for your help.

crApple's, Use iTunes, look for logs that have end with .txt, I have to copy the whole folder to my win7, then locate the correct file and upload it. to the web sight.

Rod

crApple's, Use iTunes, look for logs that have end with .txt, I have to copy the whole folder to my win7, then locate the correct file and upload it. to the web sight.

Rod
Right on. Thanks so much for your help. Should not be a problem.

Holy ****, I can't believe how far these P4's go, OMG.
"GPS Position NoMatch" I have know idea what this means.
I going to busy for a few hours, the first thought is draw a line from the last point to your home point.
Then I zoomed in and seen that huge tower and the satellite dishes, OMG the RF interference from all of that stuff, I would be afraid to even look for it. I would think if they find it, they would be at your front door.

@msinger, @Meta4
What's you guys think. 58% battery, it had to hit the tower, or his data / flight log would have returned.

Rod

Not only did you violate the non-flying rule in the Stockholm area since we have two international airports nearby, you did it a lot by going up to 120 meters.

I couldn't care less of your missing or broken drone. What if it loses GPS, drifts away with the wind and crash into an airplane or helicopter? Or shuts off midair and falls into someones head?

Some people just get what they deserve.

No flying rule is when the airport is open within the zone. When it's closed there's no special limitations and just like any other air space. The flight was done while the airport was closed. Drones are allowed up to 120 meters as no other aircraft are allowed below 120 meters to avoid collisions. Helicopters often fly at 250 meters and airplanes much higher than that.

The flight wasn't above any crowded area. Mostly water and forest. Sure it was a long range flight but safer than most other flights that take place in areas with more people below by drone pilots.
And Arlanda and Bromma was closed? When are they ever closed?

If they were closed, then I apologize.

Meters and feet. :rolleyes:
I will never get it straight in my head, without calculating it.

@Dronefriend
"by going up to 120 meters."
What is the limit in this area / country, I don't have a clue?

@editman,
How tall is that tower?

10000 meters, that distant I see you were not over dense population, but that is beyond what I would try over that kind of terrain.

I been running some missions 1.5 miles round trip with P3A at 25 mph, and its coming back at 30% battery.
Your were almost 2 miles one way with 60% battery.

Anybody else, is typical for P4 miles versus battery?

Rod

Bromma closes on Saturday evenings pretty early and doesn't open until about noon on Sundays. Arlanda never closes but the Arlanda no fly zone doesn't reach central Stockholm.

Hi, are you sure about this, that it's legal to fly in Bromma airspace after "closing hours"? (Apart from the fact that it's not legal for any camera drones anywhere at any time in Sweden) I'm asking because I would like to do the same but have always thought it is a complete No-no.
Cheers!!

I had this great flight. Found a corridor to have clear sight of a high tower in the Stockholm/Sweden three kilometers away. Flight went smooth with little to no wind. Got some great shots as this was just at sunset time. I was about to go home with battery at 68% but decided to make a turn around the tower at 120 meters height. Bad idea.

When I got on the opposite side of the tower the aircraft got disconnected but I stayed cool as this happens almost on every flight I've made (a bit more than a hundred). But I knew something wasn't right when I didn't get a reconnect within a minute. I waited for 25 minutes and packed my remote an went home.

I went to the tower and search around it, it's 155 meters tall and surrounded by fencing and outside of that a forest. It was like searching a needle in a haystack and I didn't find it.

I made two mistakes. First my RTH height was set to 120 meters instead of higher than 155 meters. The second one I shouldn't have gone behind the tower. As it was getting dark I think the obstacle avoid system didn't kick in and it crashed into the tower. After that It might have fell more or less straight down or it could have flown in any direction damaged and then crashed. Who knows. My P4P have a sticker with phonenumber so if anybody finds it they might give me a call. It's been little more than a week now and I have little faith in getting it back But I would like to get it back to salvage the footage.

I already have a new P4P as I figure even if I do get my first P4P back it will never fly again. The first thing I did was to get a GPS tracker for my new P4P.

Lessen learn - to be very careful with tall buildings ans set RTH high enough. My bad and I regret it badly even though I knew some day I will crash.
Have u found it yet?

I consider it as lost as of now. There's a slim chance someone will find it and get in contact but to me it's lost and I moved on.
Jag var faktiskt och kollade där din drönare hade den sista kontakten innan den förmodade kraschen.....jag hittade 1st avbruten propeller. [emoji5]
Min teori är att den slog i tornet och hamnade på någon av de fyra antenn-plattformar som finns på tornet. De ligger nog på en 100-130 meter upp i tornet. Kanske någon av de som har hand om tornet har hittat den?.
Jag tog med en vän som lät sin P4 flyga utmed tornet och filma plattformarna.....men vi såg ingen drönare liggandes på någon av plattformarna. [emoji17]

Reactions: Simzy666
Schysst att du var och kollade och otroligt att du verkade hitta propellerbiten. Jag har också flugit runt och kollat plattformarna men där verkar den inte finnas. Jag gissar att den inte tog en rak bana på väg ner utan förflyttade sig kanske 50 meter från tornet. Antagligen bröts en propeller av och sen flög den okontrollerat på väg ner. Kanske någon springer på den en dag.
Jag tänker att om den har kraschat i tornet, så har det tagit tvärstopp. Med största sannolikhet så har någon som jobbar i tornet hittat den, just saying. Den halva propellern låg ca 5m från stängslet....inte helt ordentligt att den slogs av och flög iväg från 120m höjd.

Jag tänker att om den har kraschat i tornet, så har det tagit tvärstopp. Med största sannolikhet så har någon som jobbar i tornet hittat den, just saying. Den halva propellern låg ca 5m från stängslet....inte helt ordentligt att den slogs av och flög iväg från 120m höjd.
Osannolikt ...inte" ordentligt "

Din flight-logg är borttagen, kan du ladda upp den igen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen