P4P lens analysis thread

Reaction score
This is a thread where we can help analyze the quality of our lenses. It is mainly for people like myself, who are not sure how to evaluate our lenses.

Please provide a picture of a focus chart or a highly detailed, well lit surface if posting.

This is a full resolution .png shot with 3:2 from my P4P. I see some degradation in the corners, especially the upper corners. I also see some CA. The gimbal is tilting up in this shot, which might be the reason for slightly lower quality in the upper corners.

Dropbox - DJI_0070.png

I don't know if this is 'acceptable' quality or not. What do you think?
Focus was set using Manual at lowest setting, about 1 meter from the chart.

I hope this thread will provide a good source of information for all of us.

In order to get the most accurate results, you should square up with the chart so that it is a uniform distance from the camera. Also, you will want neutral light across the entire frame. Ensuring you have the optimal focus is critical too.

It should be remembered how tight the constraints are for size/weight of the lens and given this there will almost certainly be detectable aberrations of some kind.

It should be remembered how tight the constraints are for size/weight of the lens and given this there will almost certainly be detectable aberrations of some kind.
Of course, but it is good in regard to this or not?

I will post an update with proper angle later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic