p4p+ island edit

That is an amazing video. What effects where those? Can you please share?

Reactions: fhu
Thanks tml! Appreciate the kind words...

The effects were all done in vegas pro 14. I used their masking tool to cut out certain parts of the frame to jump or fall to the music. The pan crop tool was used to add the quick zooms and the velocity tool to speed and slow down certain shots.

Reactions: tml4191

The effects were all done in vegas pro 14. I used their masking tool to cut out certain parts of the frame to jump or fall to the music. The pan crop tool was used to add the quick zooms and the velocity tool to speed and slow down certain shots.
Thank you. It had a real music video vibe to it.

Reactions: fhu
I just got the Phantom 4p+ and tested it out in St John island. I was super impressed with the p4p, it's my first drone but its precision was amazing.... Can't wait to fly some more!

I'm looking to actually use vegas now that I saw your St. John video, but which software do I need to get in order to achieve similar results as your video? The three different variants are vegas pro edit, vegas pro 14, and vegas pro 14 suite. Also, do you think they'll upgrade to sony vegas 15 anytime soon? Paying a lot for a software that is going to be outdated is not my intention.

I'm looking to actually use vegas now that I saw your St. John video, but which software do I need to get in order to achieve similar results as your video? The three different variants are vegas pro edit, vegas pro 14, and vegas pro 14 suite. Also, do you think they'll upgrade to sony vegas 15 anytime soon? Paying a lot for a software that is going to be outdated is not my intention.
The least expensive version (edit) is the one I use . The others come w/ 3rd party software that isn't necessary.
14 was a small upgrade released in October. I don't know when the next version will be released but I'd imagine sometime later this year.

What software are you using now?

The least expensive version (edit) is the one I use . The others come w/ 3rd party software that isn't necessary.
14 was a small upgrade released in October. I don't know when the next version will be released but I'd imagine sometime later this year.

Powerdirector 15, but I'm getting a new pc, so I figured it's time to utilse sony's vegas pro. Thanks for the info^

Does the sony vegas pro edit (lowest priced version) include color correction in its software?

Yes. but I use magic bullet looks a lot of times with vegas
I just got the Phantom 4p+ and tested it out in St John island. I was super impressed with the p4p, it's my first drone but its precision was amazing.... Can't wait to fly some more!

hey,

Are there any recommended youtube tutorials for that kind of masking, and which magic bullet plugins(s) do you recommend for vegas 14?

I'm sure there are masking tutorials on YouTube but haven't seen them myself.
As for the Magic Bullet I like the "Looks" plug-in. It doesn't do effects but just color correction. Its super simple and fun.

Reactions: tml4191
I'm sure there are masking tutorials on YouTube but haven't seen them myself.
As for the Magic Bullet I like the "Looks" plug-in. It doesn't do effects but just color correction. Its super simple and fun.
thanks^

Great clip and editing! I use vegas pro 12 (not much difference to 14, tried it the other day)
for my clips - have a look here.
Love the masking - time 0:17 - the sea disappears being replaced by mountains, everything
still moving - very impressive. Can you explain how you do this masking please?

What font do you use for text (preview screen, etc)?

BTW: Thinking about upgrade from my P1 1.1.1 to P4Pro - great multicopter!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav