P4P+ integrated screen possible drawbacks?

Reaction score
So so far I am thrilled to death with the P4 Pro and the 5.5 inch integrated "tablet." It does have a browser app and it does have some other apps, but no App Store or access to the Google play store, and therefore no way to install phantom pilots, or Litchi for that matter. I couldn't even read the manual for the P4P on the monitor because there's no app with which to open it and if you try to install Google docs google sees the tablet as a non-android device or as a PC, and will not allow you to install anything. Perhaps there's a very simple workaround, but the thought of not being able to program waypoints in advance from the ground on the P4P is a little discouraging. There is a USB port to plug in for instance a phone or tablet but it will not connect. There would have to be a way to disable the screen temporarily... I guess the only other option would be to use the P4 remote which is gonna be sold soon enough but perhaps I need to invest in a second transmitter w no screen. This guy has no cellular and I've always used an lte tablet or lte phone so I was worried about dynamic home point but it has been no problem. This is the only draw back I can find so I hope I am missing something silly and someone will point me there! I wonder if since my P4 remote is not gonna be around much longer if I can bind the Mavic transmitter to the P4P? Probably not huh?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There is a USB port to plug in for instance a phone or tablet but it will not connect.
Right -- there is no way to connect an external device.

So is there a way to get it to install apps other than the few? There will be a root hack eventually but meh... I'd rather just have it let us install apps that we want on the SD card. Hmmm. That's an idea huh? Wonder if I install apps from another phone oh SD card then move over the SD card, seems like I'd still need root access though. Might try it

Are you a DJI engineer or something saw your website is a DJIhelp something or rather. Why would they lock it down so tight I am almost regretting getting it now and lookin at options to replace it. It's beautiful and works great but it's worse than an apple device if it's that proprietarily closed to everything.

I see well root this thing for us already would ya? Yeah so the P4 controller idea is a bust should have known and if that don't work well the Mavic idea well yeah, no so I guess waypoints will go to the Mavic for a while until DJI improves the go app, opens up the GL300C some or I buy a second transmitter.

Maybe DJI will allow for their GO Ground Station app in time. I can fully understand why they locked down the P4 Pro+ Screen model as the app makers often write their apps to take over resources in the background (You press "Accept" to allow them to do so on their installation.), and then the entire processing system slows down as the processor heats up. GO needs a lot of processing power so then comes video lag issues brought on by sundry apps running behind the scenes. Samsung is famous for their own factory installed bloatware that runs behind the scenes like Samsung Pay, etc. as well as allowing the cellular based models to install their own apps (T-mobile notices, etc.). You need to root the Samy's well to a basic Android setup.

Does seem like you may need to buy a second transmitter to run anything like Litchi or Autopilot - although the later only works on iOS so far, but is looking to break into Android soon according to their new owner Hangar. Could be there is not enough on-board memory to run a lot of apps either. My own preference would be the P4 Pro model - sans the screen - and then add their Crystal brighter screen later on a tripod as a secondary to an iPad Pro 9.7" or Air 2+ Cellular primary screen for the apps on the remote.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj