P4P Gimbal twitch?

My gimbal has been solid no matter what I throw at it.
Glad it's not universal. Just need to find a good one.

I'll likely pick up another P4P from Best Buy stock, after the 6th, my CC cutoff date. December was expensive! ;) Now I know exactly what to test for! Exchanges there are easy!

Flew in strong winds yesterday. At one point the gimbal got overloaded and went limp for a split second.

Video looks stable in the FPV view on my device but when I watch the video on my computer the video is slightly jittery from the wind. Anyone else noticing this flying in strong winds?

Flew in strong winds yesterday. At one point the gimbal got overloaded and went limp for a split second.

Video looks stable in the FPV view on my device but when I watch the video on my computer the video is slightly jittery from the wind. Anyone else noticing this flying in strong winds?
I was flying today in 8-14 mph winds and one time I had a pretty big jerk of the gimble. It only happened once but you sure can't use that footage.

Just a question, have you solved this problem? If yes how?
Since the April 12th update I don't think it happening any. And I have flown prob a dozen flights at least. So I'm hoping they were referring to this issue with what they called smoothing out 4k video issue. My bird is flying great right now. I have no Issues at all! Have you had the gimble issue as well? Btw, I have had my gimble do a big jerk while turning pretty hard and flying in a pretty strong wind. But I think thats gone too!

Since the April 12th update I don't think it happening any. And I have flown prob a dozen flights at least. So I'm hoping they were referring to this issue with what they called smoothing out 4k video issue. My bird is flying great right now. I have no Issues at all! Have you had the gimble issue as well? Btw, I have had my gimble do a big jerk while turning pretty hard and flying in a pretty strong wind. But I think thats gone too!
I still get the twitch even more after 4-12 update. seems to happen when panning more than straight course

After the latest firmware update (in April), what has been solved is the jerk frame (added frame). The camera twitch is not solved. I still have it. It happens during yaw but also during forward flight. Very bad!!!

I noticed the problem at 4k60fps. I have tested also the FHD without any camera twicth, but there was a camera side-flip (most probably due to strong winds).

Last edited:
Reactions: KevMo Photog
I've got the same:

The last 30 minutes video I have recorded at 4k60fps was without twitch. What I did, which I suggest you to do too, is the following:

1. Using Assistance 2, Restore Factory Defaults.
2. Downgrade to the previous version, and then again restore to factory defaults.
3. Upgrade again to the latest firmware, and restore to factory defaults.

This is what I have done and I didn't notice this twitch (usually it was something that happened every 5-6 mins). I am not sure if this is corrected following the above but ...

i have flown last days with april firmwares. it was windy and the gimbal don't stable. i have come back to dji because i wanted a good cam...but on typhoon h no problem with that flipping
hope dji will fix that soon

I have gotten this hard jerk about 4-5 times in last couple of months. And it's usually when it's retty windy and I am in a pretty hard turn and yaw at same time. I'm hoping this is only the wind jerking the bird and making gimble hit it's end point and cause this jerk. One other thing I noticed about my P4P this past week is that my gimble fan or whatever is running at start up is def louder than my buddies P4P that he just got a month ago. I thought mine was totally normal but I'm not so sure now! Gonna look into that. Anyone else here been able to compare their bird's noise level while just sitting on but not running?

I have gotten this hard jerk about 4-5 times in last couple of months. And it's usually when it's retty windy and I am in a pretty hard turn and yaw at same time. I'm hoping this is only the wind jerking the bird and making gimble hit it's end point and cause this jerk. One other thing I noticed about my P4P this past week is that my gimble fan or whatever is running at start up is def louder than my buddies P4P that he just got a month ago. I thought mine was totally normal but I'm not so sure now! Gonna look into that. Anyone else here been able to compare their bird's noise level while just sitting on but not running?

The fan comes on but quietly. Then again I haven't met any other P4P's in the field...

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4