P4P Gimbal Twitch...is there a solution?

Reaction score
Ive seen countless (not all of course)videos on YouTube from P4Ps with the random gimbal twitch. I wonder if there is a certain setting that causes this or eliminates this? Beautiful footage for sure and then (if you blink you will miss it) the infamous twitch of the gimbal occurs. It seems like a very widespread issue from all the footage ive seen. Has DJI acknowledged this? Hopefully software corrects this but you would think by now if it was software that it would have already been fixed.

Have you tried the video recording in 4K@60fps? Mostly, this is where the problem appears.
I don't normally use that mode, but I did shoot a couple of clips specifically to look for problems and didn't see any, but I guess that isn't absolutely conclusive.

Mine still does on almost every flight. Not a lot but almost every flight. Usually in a turn or coming to a stop in a turn.

Twitch or like kinda seesaw? Im having both at the moment. The seesaw seems to happen when the wind is blowing into the right side of the gimbal some speculate it is 'weaker' than the left..

Have you tried the video recording in 4K@60fps? Mostly, this is where the problem appears.

You are correct. I just did a long three battery shoot today at 4K 30 frames per second and I did not do it one time! I wish they would hurry up with that firmware update. Like I said before, it doesn't do it all that often at 60 FPS but I would rather it not do it at all. It's one of those blink and you'll miss it type of twitch.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yep I just went out and did 2 battery flight test at 60 FPS 4K and the twitch or frame loss or whatever it is still occurs. I gave DJI a chance and waited for the firmware update..now the 4 pro is on auto pilot back to Amazon while I still have a couple of days for return.

I powered on an hour ago and got a firmware update for both 4 pro and controller. :)
If you know how to reproduce the twitch (4K-60FPS, full throttle forward 40mph+ and hard left turn usually makes it happen), let us know if it's gone. I've been waiting for that to be resolved. It it's fixed I might then buy a P4P, I'm due for a new toy. :p

If you know how to reproduce the twitch (4K-60FPS, full throttle forward 40mph+ and hard left turn usually makes it happen), let us know if it's gone. I've been waiting for that to be resolved. It it's fixed I might then buy a P4P, I'm due for a new toy. :p
I had it happen a few days ago flying around 250 ft pushing through some pretty good winds. I'm going to fly it as soon as I can tomorrow to see if the firmware does it and post results right away.

I had it happen a few days ago flying around 250 ft pushing through some pretty good winds. I'm going to fly it as soon as I can tomorrow to see if the firmware does it and post results right away.
Please inform us about the results of your test. (Twitch or Jerk, does happen at 4K-60fps even without winds and without any throttle. Just rotate the drone slowly).

Please inform us about the results of your test. (Twitch or Jerk, does happen at 4K-60fps even without winds and without any throttle. Just rotate the drone slowly).
Well bad news everyone. I went to fly during my lunch and since the firmware update my controller won't bind to the drone. It gets it for a second then loses it. I reset the controller, manually re-linked it and still goes in and out. The best I got was about 10 seconds at 100 ft before the camera just stopped sending a signal. So I wasn't able to check it out. I'll try again after work and see if it does anything or there are any fixes for the "new" problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl