P4P gimbal noise

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

My brand new P4P is making a loud noise from the gimbal motor. It makes a loud noise then the camera seeks left/right while making this noise. I also made a video so you can hear the noise.

2aj0x3t.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
My P4 use to have that noise, but the camera was plagued with other faults, and had to change it at the end.
In this case, if everything else works, I would ignore for few flights, and then check again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My P4 use to have that noise, but the camera was plagued with other faults, and had to change it at the end.
In this case, if everything else works, I would ignore for few flights, and then check again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The camera works but when the gimbal motor howls, the camera moves left and right which doesn't make for a good video.

Suspicious malfunction....
Try calibrate everything at least 2 times, if it persists, time to send it back to DJI service.
Call them, and get ready to hear the Darth Vader breathing noise ....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Tony,

I have a thread on this issue as well. My first Phantom 4 Pro purchased on January 09 made the same howling noise. DJI had me perform a complete set of calibrations (IMU, Compass, RC controller, Re-bind the Controller, and Gimbal). Also, they asked that I restore to factory conditions. I performed all of these requests but none of them resolved what both you and I experienced. On January 21, I returned my aircraft to Best Buy and received a replacement. The new aircraft does not have the issue that you are experiencing. I happy with my new aircraft as it works as it should. My suggestion is that if you are within your return period with your retailer that you seek a replacement aircraft.

Donald Barar

Wow that sounds painful and certainly not how it should be, I think DJI is having some big issues with the P4P gimbals, mine had to go back today for a faulty gimbal and doing RTH sideways!

My brand new P4P is making a loud noise from the gimbal motor. It makes a loud noise then the camera seeks left/right while making this noise. I also made a video so you can hear the noise.

2aj0x3t.png

Hi.. I have the same noise with my new P4p. What happened with yours?

Have the exact same problem.

If I yaw from left to right several times (with gimbal pan sync ON in camera settings) before takeoff noise seems to disappear. And I was not able to detect any false left/right movement in the videos.
Also if the quad is warm (for example 20 minutes powered on on my desk) the noise and left/right moves also disappears.

What percent of P4Ps are defective on arrival? 40? 50? Jeez.
If your talking about just who you hear from on here it might be as high as 90% LOL. For the most part I think most are very happy with theirs! As is the case here. But your really only gonna hear mainly the problems here.

My new P4P makes the same noise, but only occasionally. Not sure whether to return it or not.

^same. Thats why I posted. I had a P4 and decided to dive back into a P4P and I feel like out of the box its making a weird noise every now and then. Idk whether to exchange or if its normal. The P4 made no similar sounds, but it is a different gimbal so Im not sure

Best Buy said mine was defective and my noise was no where near as loud as the OP. Exchanged for a nee one

2aj0x3t.png

it is the yaw motor u need to take it apart and knock the center pin or shaft for the motor back back in

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers