P4P Frequency Question

Reaction score
I have tested the two frequency options (2.4 & 5.8) and agree with the advice I found posted here that with the P4P the 5.8 frequency seems to have more strength and distance (with stock antennas).

Question: I set the frequency to 5.8 however it seems each time I start up the GO 4 app it re-sets to 2.4......is there a reason for this?

Thank you !

I have tested the two frequency options (2.4 & 5.8) and agree with the advice I found posted here that with the P4P the 5.8 frequency seems to have more strength and distance (with stock antennas).

Question: I set the frequency to 5.8 however it seems each time I start up the GO 4 app it re-sets to 2.4......is there a reason for this?

Thank you !
Here's something. Just bought a WiPry-Pro frequency analyzer and you can easily identify 2.4Ghz wifi that can interfere with your P4Pro . . there are DOZENS everywhere. The TDMA (Time division Multiple Access) spread spectrum "LightBridge" does a great job of cutting through all that noise . .

This device $199 just plugs into your iPhone and the app is free with the receiver
Looks like this
upload_2017-8-3_20-32-7.png

Below is 2.400 to 2.5 Ghz band and P4P operates on 20 channels between 2.4 and 2.483Ghz. Each of those scribbles you can't read is the SSID of a wifi router in my neighborhood. Read further below

upload_2017-8-3_20-23-13.png

If I ignore all those routers and just look at the band it's relatively quiet. This is what I see when I turn on my P4Pro
I'm new at this but If I am understanding my display . . . I have selected Channel 20 on the P4Pro
GREEN is peak transmission power over the past 30 seconds
BLUE is the power being seen at the frequency where the TDMA signal is currently hopping
RED is the average power over the past 1/3 of a second
It is spending the bulk of it's time at 2.483Ghz - Channel 20 and the rest of the signal interference is minimal. There is little to no WIFI RouTER noise on Channel 20 where I am
upload_2017-8-3_20-28-25.png

Maybe this is just NOISE to most people but I find it fascinating

Get this one... WiPry 5x, it does 2.4 and 5.8 as well.

Reactions: David Cooke
Get this one... WiPry 5x, it does 2.4 and 5.8 as well.
Yep . . I know about this one and looking into it. My main purpose is to look into the practicality of actually doing a proper "frequency interference study" . ."before every flight" as "Required" by Transport Canada. I think the requirement is inappropriate and impossible to provide any reasonable value.

Yep . . I know about this one and looking into it. My main purpose is to look into the practicality of actually doing a proper "frequency interference study" . ."before every flight" as "Required" by Transport Canada. I think the requirement is inappropriate and impossible to provide any reasonable value.

agreed.. kind of over kill and not really realistic imho. They do work well though for what they are designed for though. I use mine all the time when doing site surveys

Reactions: David Cooke
agreed.. kind of over kill and not really realistic imho. They do work well though for what they are designed for though. I use mine all the time when doing site surveys
So how do you do a "Site Survey" , . other than evaluate the take-off point . . the spectrum will be and could be substantially different 100m away. Do you try to assess or get any further value of places other than the launch and landing point? To me it is of limited value for Transport Canada to require a frequency analysis of your takeoff when you have really no idea (even with this sophisticated gear) what the spectrum is like 100m away. . . or 10 minutes from now . . unless it's literally ON the UAV and transmitting all the time

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl