P4P FIRST FLIGHT reports

Reaction score
OK guys, I'm seeing craft in transit to waiting pilots, and a few of you have these wonderful new birds in your hands. I'm chomping at the bit to see reports, photos, and video. Who's got an android device to be first with reports?

Reactions: socalvn
No actual report but a fairly good utube demonstration just the wrong language for me . It's a good teaser

Sorry won't let me post link

Last edited:
Mine is still in the box, eagerly awaiting the iOS app release

Attachments

• IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 363
I'm patiently waiting on mine to arrive, but I have plans to borrow my wife's phone when it gets here :cool:

I have to say I am kinda thinking the P4P+ might have been the way to go.. That screen is awesome.
Yes, it is nice, but too small IMO. I think the 7.8" CrystalSky is even more awesome, assuming it works as advertised. It's got the SD card slots in the display, it's own battery, and it's quickly detachable to use a player for SD cards to feed HDMI video to anything, like a bigscreen TV, projector, goggles, etc, not to mention there's a 2000nit option. That's going to be the Cadillac of display to have, I think. I expect it to be pricy in the beginning, but in a couple years, much less.

I think depleting an android system of all the Google play services that's part of every android sold, and can run in the background, this helps to optimize the platform, providing maximum CPU bandwidth to focus on decoding video feeds from the craft, with no interruptions from non-essential apps running in the background. I'm convinced that a semi-closed system like this will work well with GO4.

Who's flying their new P4P today? Videos?

Yes, it is nice, but too small IMO. I think the 7.8" CrystalSky is even more awesome, assuming it works as advertised. It's got the SD card slots in the display, it's own battery, and it's quickly detachable to use a player for SD cards to feed HDMI video to anything, like a bigscreen TV, projector, goggles, etc, not to mention there's a 2000nit option. That's going to be the Cadillac of display to have, I think. I expect it to be pricy in the beginning, but in a couple years, much less.

I think depleting an android system of all the Google play services that's part of every android sold, and can run in the background, this helps to optimize the platform, providing maximum CPU bandwidth to focus on decoding video feeds from the craft, with no interruptions from non-essential apps running in the background. I'm convinced that a semi-closed system like this will work well with GO4.

Who's flying their new P4P today? Videos?
P4P will be shipped out this arvo. If im lucky may have the hands on the bird tomorrow! Will post plenty of video then

I think the 7.8" CrystalSky is even more awesome, assuming it works as advertised

Agreed, as long as I can eventually run Litchi on it (once it supports the P4P). Anyone know the estimated price / availability timeframe for the 7.8 ChrystalSky?

Reactions: John Locke
Agreed, as long as I can eventually run Litchi on it (once it supports the P4P). Anyone know the estimated price / availability timeframe for the 7.8 ChrystalSky?
Yes, I need Litchi to run too, and I think that will happen. I predict that by the time the CrystalSky product is released we'll have answers on running Litchi, hopefully joyful answers. :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj