P4P - do you have to face the transmitter towards the phantom?

Reaction score
I fly my P2 with the transmitter on a table and the Wi-Fi extender is up on a plastic pole. This lets me sit down and fly without having to face the Phantom. Is the same thing possible with the P4P+ ? That is can the phantom fly a significant distance behind me without pointing the RC unit at it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

LOS is always a good idea. You're not going to get significant distance without LOS, relative to what you could get with LOS. If you're sitting and holding the controller and antenna in your lap, your body will block the signal if the AC is behind you. It'll still work, but the distance will be compromised.

I fly my P2 with the transmitter on a table and the Wi-Fi extender is up on a plastic pole. This lets me sit down and fly without having to face the Phantom. Is the same thing possible with the P4P+ ? That is can the phantom fly a significant distance behind me without pointing the RC unit at it?

Technically speaking you can do it with two wifi extenders one for each antenna. Try yourself and report your findings. The other issue I see in adjusting for two different frequency bands, not sure how you can effectively do it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj