P4P - DJI doesn't provide hard copy manual

Reaction score
Very annoying. Just received a new P4P in the mail and upon opening the box I noticed that there was no user manual included. Just the quick reference guide. I called DJI just now and they said they are not shipping out manuals with the P4P. The rep said that I need to download it off the DJI site. Would prefer to have the hard copy manual with me out in the field.

Also annoying that the P4P doesn't provide a lightning cable for Apple products, only for Android I guess. I am guessing that is the case with all DJI products. (I'm new to DJI after flying an Autel X-Star Premium).

DJI has never provided a hard copy of the manual in the box. It seems normal to me, but I've been using DJI products for a couple of years.

Also annoying that the P4P doesn't provide a lightning cable for Apple products
If you're still looking for a cable, this Cambond cable is a great buy.

Last edited:
DJI is following the same practice for their older models too, there is nothing new to it. Yes it's good to have a printed manual.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It might be helpful for others. A lot of people don't even know the Phantom manual can be downloaded from the P4P downloads page.

Reactions: Kevinusma
This is typically done as changes and additions are made. They provide enough information for each customer to get their drone in the air and crash it. For more info than that, you'd need to go online.

Liability and cost cutting at the same time.

Cost - don't have to print full manuals.

Liability - "did you read the manual you didn't get?"

Personally, I'm ok with not including, manuals that would be included as said previously would not be up to date.

THAT SAID, a single sheet of red paper with a URL to go get it would do wonders for the first time user.

THAT SAID, a single sheet of red paper with a URL to go get it would do wonders for the first time user.
The quick start guide does explain where to download the Phantom manual.

Next up -- how do we force new pilots to read the included quick start guide? :D

Reactions: kirk2579
Very annoying. Just received a new P4P in the mail and upon opening the box I noticed that there was no user manual included. Just the quick reference guide. I called DJI just now and they said they are not shipping out manuals with the P4P. The rep said that I need to download it off the DJI site. Would prefer to have the hard copy manual with me out in the field.

Also annoying that the P4P doesn't provide a lightning cable for Apple products, only for Android I guess. I am guessing that is the case with all DJI products. (I'm new to DJI after flying an Autel X-Star Premium).

actually almost everything no longer has full manuals printed, just a quick start guide or such

it is all online and or pdf form
cheaper, easier, and more up to date that way.

they do supply the needed usb cable with the phantom

good luck and have fun flying

Reactions: N017RW
The quick start guide does explain where to download the Phantom manual.

Next up -- how do we force new pilots to read the included quick start guide? :D

DOH! [Facepalm]

Yep, people still have to read it to go get it ... :)

Shipped with a tracking number, not currently showing up in FedEx yet. I expect they are creating numbers and packages that will be picked up tonight. Ordered through Newegg on the 15th. Glad this wasn't anything like the Mavic.

Also annoying that the P4P doesn't provide a lightning cable...
I bought two of these. I keep the second in my drone case as a backup in case I misplace the first one or if it goes bad or something.

This cable is only about 30 cm (12 in) so it does away with extra cabling dangling from your device/controller (just the right length when using an iPad). These are very affordable and—more importantly—they are Apple certified! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues