P4P+ Crash

Reaction score
Last night, I got a few flights in before sunset. On the last one, I decided to race across the mouth of the Nissequogue River, a distance of about 2k feet. I came back at full speed, with my camera pointing into the setting Sun. I couldn't make out a whole lot of details on the horizon, and I thought that I was flying straight back to home. But, I was actually flying South of my position...and stupidly low. I suddenly lost the signal. I hit RTH, and waited to see my drone flying across the water, but it didn't return. When I checked my map, I was surprised to see that It was last reported over land, in a state park. It was already dark, and the park was closed. I went home thinking that my drone was a total loss. But, I decided to check for it in the morning. With no time before work, I had to enter the park before hours, and search around. Of course, it was raining. I found the drone leaning against a tree, with the battery about two feet away. Aside from a broken prop, and a missing light, it looked fine. I let it dry out all day, and I let it sit. When I put a new battery in it, it started right up. I must have hit a tree branch at full speed, and it tumbled down through the canopy. I can't believe that the damage isn't worse.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi, you are very lucky and I happy that you have found your drone !
I suggest you, for the Next time, to deactivated your RTH obstacle sensor.... by night tjis turn off automatically but this by day with Sun in front or by night with flash light may be that the drone dont stop tje sensor and may be due your retutun to home because fault of sensor this stop and Overing until to s scharGe all battery and go down.
I'M sorry for my elementary english. CiAO :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94