P4P Crash, Drone Nerds and P4P Parts Availability

Reaction score
Due to my own inattention, I crashed my P4P into the side of my house a while back. One landing gear was broken off on both sides from the lower shell and the lower shell was damaged. Given things I had heard about DJI service and given that I wasn't making a warranty claim, I decided to send it to Drone Nerds in Florida. The drone arrived on Friday last week, they notified me of its arrival and sent me an email with cost and a phone number to call to approve the repair.

I had also offered to pay their $100 expedited repair fee but the email told me that because they were still waiting for parts, they would waive the fee but keep my drone high in the cue for work once the parts arrived.

When I talked to the rep, I asked when they expected parts and he said in a week or two. All in all, I am pleased with Drone Nerds service and hope that I get my P4P back sooner rather than later. Oh, and the estimate for the repair is $308, which is about what I expected. I do think that once parts are available, I will buy spare gears and an upper and lower shell so that I can make the next repair myself. Though I'm hoping I've learned my lesson. . . .

Reactions: verkoda
Last week I was told that the parts are on "a slow boat from China " and that they didn't know when they would arrive. My P4P is still waiting for repairs, including a broken gear.

Darn. The one customer I've ever had with a P4P needs new landing gear after he cracked his. My parts dealer is in the same boat, per say. Because the cracks were minor and parts are seemingly non-existent, white marine heat shrink will have to do for now.

I sent my p4p to drone nerds...4 was later I get it back . Was told it was in perfect condition but my app lit up like a Christmas tree...with error warning. They had it a month. Then I sent it to expert drones in New York . They've had it 3 1/2 was. And I get it ties. But not feeling confident about it. If I new how to work on them and had great customer service , I would make a mint. Both the companies I've delt with.......SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20