P4P charging hub help???

Reaction score
Guys,

I have the battery hub for my 3 batteries and I'm trying to utilise the storage function however it doesn't seem to be working.

It was only today I found out these are best stored at 50% AFTER I charged them to 100%.

So I put them in the hub on storage mode and all i got was solid red lights. Took them out and put back in and got 3 solid yellow lights. Took the plug out the wall and back in then got 2 blue lights and 1 yellow.

Right now they are all yellow - one battery lights came on so I turned it off. Now 2 minutes later 2 battery lights are on and all 3 lights on the hub still yellow.

It's starting to annoy me!!! Please help???

Guys,

I have the battery hub for my 3 batteries and I'm trying to utilise the storage function however it doesn't seem to be working.

It was only today I found out these are best stored at 50% AFTER I charged them to 100%.

So I put them in the hub on storage mode and all i got was solid red lights. Took them out and put back in and got 3 solid yellow lights. Took the plug out the wall and back in then got 2 blue lights and 1 yellow.

Right now they are all yellow - one battery lights came on so I turned it off. Now 2 minutes later 2 battery lights are on and all 3 lights on the hub still yellow.

It's starting to annoy me!!! Please help???

Have you read the manual? It clearly explains what each of those status lights means.

Yes I know exactly what they mean and by manual u mean the 5 sentences ??? Yes I've read the "manual".

Yes I know exactly what they mean and by manual u mean the 5 sentences ??? Yes I've read the "manual".

OK - so are all three batteries are still at 100%? And are the batteries off or on? The three hub lights are still solid yellow - none of them has gone to flashing blue?

It was very weird - I managed to get two of them to go blue but one stayed red.

So then it dawned on me that today I fired up the bird to do the latest update and that MAYBE I also need to update with the other two batteries as well and sure enough I power up the bird with other batteries and also need to do update (why on earth updating no fly zones over hong kong requires update to battery I'm buggered if I know) ...

But anyway - I have done that and now managed to get all three flashing blue (discharging) in the hub!!!

The instruction booklet isn't written very well but I've basically realised that

A) if batteries are above 50% you do not need to plug the hub into the wall. Plug the batteries into the hub and turn them on - this will discharge to 50%.

B) if batteries are BELOW 50% and you require storage charge then you need to plug into the wall and turn on - using power to charge them up to 50%.

A little bit confusing by reading the manual but now I think I understand. Hopefully this might come in handy for other rookies maybe having same problems [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: sar104
I am unaware of any battery chemistry that requires the battery to be stored at 50% charge. Where did you hear that?
The batteries in the Phantom are Lithium based chemistry and should always be charged to 100% before storage. Lithium batteries have a self discharge rate of around 2-3% per month not counting the built-in protection circuit which can add an additional 3% per month.
So you see, if you put one of these batteries on a shelf at 50%, it won't take long before the battery has lost a significant amount of capacity.
Lithium batteries do no exhibit a memory problem like the NiCad batteries of yore. So there is no problem recharging a Lithium battery to 100% no matter what the state of discharge is.
The internal protection circuit (installed in each battery pack) prevents over-charging and over-discharging which would otherwise lead to dangerous over-heating and damage.
Hope this helps.

I am unaware of any battery chemistry that requires the battery to be stored at 50% charge. Where did you hear that?
The batteries in the Phantom are Lithium based chemistry and should always be charged to 100% before storage. Lithium batteries have a self discharge rate of around 2-3% per month not counting the built-in protection circuit which can add an additional 3% per month.
So you see, if you put one of these batteries on a shelf at 50%, it won't take long before the battery has lost a significant amount of capacity.
Lithium batteries do no exhibit a memory problem like the NiCad batteries of yore. So there is no problem recharging a Lithium battery to 100% no matter what the state of discharge is.
The internal protection circuit (installed in each battery pack) prevents over-charging and over-discharging which would otherwise lead to dangerous over-heating and damage.
Hope this helps.

Your information is completely incorrect. All the published advice, including direct from the manufacturers, is to store high-power batteries of this type at around 50%. The current DJI flight batteries actually self-discharge to around 60% after a preset time if not used.

Storage at 100% runs the risk of battery damage and swelling. And plenty of users can confirm that outcome.

Reactions: Ben01 and wolf~928
Hope this helps.

Ummmm, how could you even possibly come up with this?? Considering even the most simplest of google or YouTube searches will find a massive amount of information that has zero consistency with what you've written.

I don't mean to be rude but if you have literally no idea what you're talking about (which clearly you don't) then you should not be posting such misguided information.

Reactions: sar104

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers