P4P carry on airplane e.g. Lufthansa

Reaction score
I thought as long as the battery power is not over 100Wh it should not be a problem...how about this statement from Lufthansa homepage? Does this also apply to drones?

Any experiences?

View attachment 69774

I thought as long as the battery power is not over 100Wh it should not be a problem...how about this statement from Lufthansa homepage? Does this also apply to drones?
Your link doesn't work so I'm not sure what you are asking about.
I found this: www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/pdf/74/media_1070298774.pdf
... which shows Lufthansa rules on Lithium batteries and looks just like all the other airline dangerous goods rules.
i-nzdw7K3-L.jpg

Last edited:
Your link doesn't work so I'm not sure what you are asking about.
I found this: www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/pdf/74/media_1070298774.pdf
... which shows Lufthansa rules on Lithium batteries and looks just like all the other airline dangerous goods rules.

SOLVED
: I did call their customer service just to be sure...no problem.
Battery should not be inserted into the drone - separated, <100Wh and possibly carry a declaration of conformity certificate with you

Battery should not be inserted into the drone - separated, <100Wh and possibly carry a declaration of conformity certificate with you
Phantom batteries all have their capacity printed on the side which should mean no certificate is needed.
Anyone looking at one can see what size it is.

Phantom batteries all have their capacity printed on the side which should mean no certificate is needed.
^^ This saved me once. I was travelling from Chicago -> Tokyo -> Vietnam. While going thru immigrations/customs/security at Narita Airport, I had to take out my batteries from the stock P4 Case and hand them over to the worker to look at & rescan. Once I showed them the mAh capacity of the battery, everything was A-OK. I would've been devastated to have my P4 + 3 batteries confiscated.

If you're ever cautious about bringing your sUAS with you on a trip, just be sure to call the airline & then quickly Google the laws in the country you're visiting. Ireland for example requires that the sUAS be registered to their system prior to flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20