P4P camera same as Sony RX100V?

Reaction score
I saw a video on youtube at some point that said this... Not sure if this is true? If so, that's an amazing camera which is awesome.

The only similarities the P 4 Pro has to the RX100 V would be the 1" sensor. The P 4 Pro has a shutter range of f/2.8 - f/11, plus DCI H265 and many more resolutions then the RX100 V

The only similarities the P 4 Pro has to the RX100 V would be the 1" sensor. The P 4 Pro has a shutter range of f/2.8 - f/11, plus DCI H265 and many more resolutions then the RX100 V
Unless I'm mistaken, the P4 Pro camera is the more or less the same as the Zenmuse X4S camera. The X4S camera is documented to use Sony's Exmor R 20 megapixel sensor.. The Sony RX100 V has a 20.1 mp Exmor RS sensor. The Exmor R has support at the sensor for HDR photos, the RS for both photos and videos. Both are great sensors.

I think you meant f stop range, which is kind of an "apples to oranges" comparison between a fixed lens in the Phantom and a small Zeis zoom in the Sony. The RX100 V goes from 1.8 to F11, with the a range of shutter speeds from 30 seconds to 1/32000 sec. It doesn't have H.265, just XAVC S, MP4, H.264, and Linear PCM.

Unless I'm mistaken, the P4 Pro camera is the more or less the same as the Zenmuse X4S camera. The X4S camera is documented to use Sony's Exmor R 20 megapixel sensor.. The Sony RX100 V has a 20.1 mp Exmor RS sensor. The Exmor R has support at the sensor for HDR photos, the RS for both photos and videos. Both are great sensors.

I think you meant f stop range, which is kind of an "apples to oranges" comparison between a fixed lens in the Phantom and a small Zeis zoom in the Sony. The RX100 V goes from 1.8 to F11, with the a range of shutter speeds from 30 seconds to 1/32000 sec. It doesn't have H.265, just XAVC S, MP4, H.264, and Linear PCM.
en
Not to be disrespectful young man but you have no idea what you are talking about but to enlighten you here are two links for the P4 pro and the RX100 V.

DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Quadcopter CP.PT.000549 B&H Photo Video

Sony RX100 V Digital Camera DSCRX100M5 Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 B&H

In my statement i mention that both had a 1" sensor and that it was the only similarity both cameras had.

en
Not to be disrespectful young man but you have no idea what you are talking about but to enlighten you here are two links for the P4 pro and the RX100 V.

DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Quadcopter CP.PT.000549 B&H Photo Video

Sony RX100 V Digital Camera DSCRX100M5 Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 B&H

In my statement i mention that both had a 1" sensor and that it was the only similarity both cameras had.
Which part of my message did I "have no idea what you are talking about"? I never said they were similar other than using similar Exnos sensors sensors from Sony. A sensor is just part of a camera. The lens and system electronics also determine the camera capabilities.

Which part of my message did I "have no idea what you are talking about"? I never said they were similar other than using similar Exnos sensors sensors from Sony. A sensor is just part of a camera. The lens and system electronics also determine the camera capabilities.

Did you bother to look at the specs of both cameras? Checkout the video resolutions of both cameras.

Did you bother to look at the specs of both cameras? Checkout the video resolutions of both cameras.
If you followed the links from my message, you would have seen that I did look into the specs. Not understanding the point that you are trying to make or the attitude. I was talking about the sensors, I never addressed the video resolutions at all. I agree with you that they are not the same camera. They use sensors from the same product family, but have nothing else in common.

Reactions: Jamie Alec King

Its a pitty DJI don't use the RS stacked sen sor as it is capable of taking stills whilst video being recorded ..

FWIW, I thought you were clear enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj