P4P+ Briefly out of control on return to home

Reaction score
Hey guys,

There is another thread or YouTube video about this happening somewhere I just couldn't find it. Basically my first full day out with my new P4P+ I hit the return to home button on the controller to see how precise it was. Having a P4 before I kinda knew what to expect. The return to home went fine until it began the landing process. At this point it started to spin quite fast. Like I said before I had seen a thread somewhere on this happening to someone and I immediately canceled the landing, changed the flight mode and flew it in A mode to a safe landing.

Some responses to similar issues was that the compass was not calibrated. I can assure you my compass, IMU and even the gimble were calibrated.

Any help here is appreciated. If I actually needed the return to home to work properly this probably would have been another crash thread.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The return to home went fine until it began the landing process. At this point it started to spin quite fast.
Some responses to similar issues was that the compass was not calibrated. I can assure you my compass, IMU and even the gimble were calibrated.

Any help here is appreciated. If I actually needed the return to home to work properly this probably would have been another crash thread.
Hard to say without having seen it but if it was flying fine in atti mode that might mean a compass issue or perhaps VPS was having difficulty because of the ground surface?
If it flew properly in atti mode that suggests there isn't anything seriously wrong with the Phantom.

Take it up and try again somewhere else to see what happens.
If I actually needed the return to home to work properly this probably would have been another crash thread.
When you use RTH, you can cancel at any time and land yourself.
You don't have to let RTH do the landing.

ps .. you don't need to recalibrate everything.
Check the top of p57 in the manual to see what it says about the compass.

Was it over the landing spot? I suppose it was trying to match the photographic home point pattern and had issues with that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes it was over the landing spot. And the spot was a basically a tarp on the ground. Mind you it was still about 100 feet when the spinning started. It was spinning at a rate much faster than I could initiate in anything other than sport mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj